Husqvarna oil?

Gerbutt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run mine in whatever the local garage has when I need some!!

I run mine on 35:1 though not 50:1

Hedge cutter getting aspen from now on though

Same here we use cheap old carlube 2t in everything without issues but as Spud pointed out a while ago the more oil you use the leaner it will run. I suppose the thing to be mindful of is to stay with whatever you go with once saws etc are tuned accordingly and be prepared to retune if changing mix or using other peoples fuelmix or oil .

Bob

Same here we use cheap old carlube 2t in everything without issues but as Spud pointed out a while ago the more oil you use the leaner it will run. I suppose the thing to be mindful of is to stay with whatever you go with once saws etc are tuned accordingly and be prepared to retune if changing mix or using other peoples fuelmix or oil .

Bob

Dont suppose you could recollect how Spud reasoned the more oil in fuel = pos leaner running ?

Sounds counter intuitive ,but I'm sure there is a reason.

Very interested to hear more.

Dont suppose you could recollect how Spud reasoned the more oil in fuel = pos leaner running ?

Sounds counter intuitive ,but I'm sure there is a reason.

Very interested to hear more.

Pretty sure it was Spud but could have been one of the other saw gods, the reason was along the lines of the fuel with more oil has a higher viscosity which in turn will flow less easily through a jet than a lighter mix .

Bob

Pretty sure it was Spud but could have been one of the other saw gods, the reason was along the lines of the fuel with more oil has a higher viscosity which in turn will flow less easily through a jet than a lighter mix .

Bob

Ahh..now thats a thought ! I can see the reasoning there. Thanks for the info :thumbup1:

Simon

Bob

I can sort of see that but is it really enough to make a difference?

Serious question as I've always too much oil was better than too little ?

I don't know about the warranty aspect but a stihl rep at the apf in 2012 told me the husky xp oil is far superior to the stihl oils. Not sure on the validity of this statement but I've always run my saws (550xp included) and haven't had a single problem. The 550 is now 3.5ish years old and has seen a lot of work with no issues what so ever but my local dealer informs me that they regularly have burnt out saws, younger than mine, come in for repair and claim it's a result of not using a good enough quality 2 stroke oil. It may cost a couple of pound extra but better quality 2stroke oil is well worth it in the long run in my opinion

I don't know about the warranty aspect but a stihl rep at the apf in 2012 told me the husky xp oil is far superior to the stihl oils. Not sure on the validity of this statement but I've always run my saws (550xp included) and haven't had a single problem. The 550 is now 3.5ish years old and has seen a lot of work with no issues what so ever but my local dealer informs me that they regularly have burnt out saws, younger than mine, come in for repair and claim it's a result of not using a good enough quality 2 stroke oil. It may cost a couple of pound extra but better quality 2stroke oil is well worth it in the long run in my opinion

In 7 years commercial use of 2 stroke tools I've never had one breakdown on account of oil mix the only things I've had go wrong are carbs, fuel lines/filters and cables.

I'm not saying the expensive oil isn't better just that as long as you use the right mix the fuel should be fine!!

I wasn't trying to claim that what I have been told is fact, I was simply voicing what I had been told. I know plenty of people that have been running saws on stihl and oregon oil for years without any issues but for me I have always run husky xp with no issues so I see no point in changing and and for that reason I would recommend others to use the same

I wasn't trying to claim that what I have been told is fact, I was simply voicing what I had been told. I know plenty of people that have been running saws on stihl and oregon oil for years without any issues but for me I have always run husky xp with no issues so I see no point in changing and and for that reason I would recommend others to use the same

That's the thing I think do what's worked for you. And if it has your bound to tell others about it.😀