Morons!

stihlmadasever

Reading these posts leaves me feeling a bit shocked. Guess I don't get into "town" often enough......Is it a silly suggestion or would the final solution to this problem be mesh site hordings? No chance the public will make it past those.... I suppose its a toss up between risk and pain-in-the-ass. Would it be too onerous to erect actual physical barriers on every job? Im not being snarkey. I reckon if I had to contend with the kind of aggravation being described here I would feel it worth the hassle.

When you ve got 12 limes to pollard in a morning shift,being able to break down and reset safe work zones quickly is imperative in maintaining good productivity.

Hence we use cones,warning tape and banksmen etc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got 19 limes to thin and reduce on a road. We explained to the council that it would be safest to close the road.

I would hope common sense prevails and the council close the road for you,however i know the council have to pay to have road/lane closures and i presume you are sub contractor so i think your on too plums my good man as in my experience the road closure would not have been costed in to the job.

Just had a thought. What about mesh hordings but with two box profile "feet" maybe four feet long, perpendicular to the length of the hoarding, one at each end. On each "foot" - a pair of heavy duty trolly wheels. Think cheap-rubbish wheelie clothes-racks on steroids. You could make em up fairly easily, link them with chain or whatever, and wheel them around quickly. Slower than cones and tape - certainly, but maybe a trade off?

Just had a thought. What about mesh hordings but with two box profile "feet" maybe four feet long, perpendicular to the length of the hoarding, one at each end. On each "foot" - a pair of heavy duty trolly wheels. Think cheap-rubbish wheelie clothes-racks on steroids. You could make em up fairly easily, link them with chain or whatever, and wheel them around quickly. Slower than cones and tape - certainly, but maybe a trade off?

Working for my local council all purchases would have to go through my H.O.D, i seriously doubt he would go for it.

Pretty good idea though,i can picture wot your describing in my head.