Igland winch on alpine tractor.

MattyF

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking that Charlie but the tajfun is probably different from the igland and may require a different adapter? I was thinking of using a cat linkage to save time fabricating but have no idea of what the adapter looks like , I can get my local workshop to make one up if we have an idea of what we are looking for !

I cant remember but I know tajfun, igland and uniforests that I have seen on the back of smaller alpines have needed adaptors to get the geometry correct else you end up with a pto that's to short and often at a very sharp angle as they are designed round a normal 3pl where the winch is further from the back of the tractor

Matty I think the common factor with most of them is to get them back away from the tractor.

Edited by Charlieh

What I would do and what I have done in the past to get me by, is have it set so it works level and low and I know the point in which it falls out when lifted to high.

It will get you by 90% of the time, when if falls out on a bigger drag you simply put it back in when you get to your work area, not ideal. It does the job :)

What I would do and what I have done in the past to get me by, is have it set so it works level and low and I know the point in which it falls out when lifted to high.

It will get you by 90% of the time, when if falls out on a bigger drag you simply put it back in when you get to your work area, not ideal. It does the job :)

So what you are saying is there is a geometry problem?

The adapter would need to change the positioning of the link arms is this correct?

Not sure mate , but I've tried every way possible of trying and it won't work properly , I did toy of removing the roll pin on the thicker shaft so the smaller spline could have an extra 2-3" but if the winch goes side ways under tension it will probably rip the pto box out the tractor when it hits the other shaft , and that's quite likely winching!!.. It would be fine in theory as long as the pto is lowered but It's too much of a risk worth taking....

Like I said Matty, just get some 10mm plate and extend the clevices, you don't need to do the top link one as you can just use a longer link. Having seen the pics I'd just weld the plate over the top of your existing clervices. So if the two existing clevices are 'A' cups you need 'DD' cups.....

I'd go at least 4", maybe 6" to be sure, at the end of the day its not a heavy winch so you can afford to step it back a bit. just remember that you will feel the weight more when skidding if you lift the butts off the floor. I think mine was about 6" out. Did you look to see if the PTO can be moved up like it can on the 4201?