TW 190 Anvil change

Lurcherman

hi, if youd like some advice on the phone please ring myself or john at our tockwith depot and we can help you through the scenario that you have and get you up and running again.

i would ordinarily have suggested you bring it in and we could help you as it may not necessarily be the anvil and you could go through all the effort of doing that and have to go in again for something else.

im sure that some of the guys on arbtalk would be more than happy to come over and do a job share with you in sunny algarve.

best of luck ,

Baz

+441423 359 777

any deals on @ the mo baz :sneaky2:

theres always deals.

im awaiting delivery of a mulcher head for the boxer that you asked for last time.

theres lots of money coming available in grants from government for this type of work.

when its here itd be good if you could test it out for me.

let me know if youre interested with a pm or another thread as its not on same subject matter as this thread.

regards,

baz

Hey Baz.

Thanks for the encouragement! Got a little side-tracked into our local bar (90 cents a beer) so work on chipper postponed for this afternoon..............mainly 'cos I can't tell whether there are 2 bolts or 4 and can barely find the machine even though I know it's a big orange thing!

Gonna set about it tomorrow in the heat of the day so if I have no joy I'll probably disturb you if necessary during Monday.

Thanks again.

Hey Baz.

Thanks for the encouragement! Got a little side-tracked into our local bar (90 cents a beer) so work on chipper postponed for this afternoon..............mainly 'cos I can't tell whether there are 2 bolts or 4 and can barely find the machine even though I know it's a big orange thing!

Gonna set about it tomorrow in the heat of the day so if I have no joy I'll probably disturb you if necessary during Monday.

Thanks again.

if you want a hand i am available to pop over next week

close £181.44inc vat £157,77 plus vat

Anvils - Orange Plant (Timberwolf Parts)

close but not close enough , looks like my local dealer has been charging a bit too much !!! well to be exact it looks like he is charging me the full pice inc vat and then adding a bit more vat on top :sneaky2: nive avitar by the way bob

Hi Lurcherman

Before you go to the trouble of changing your anvil it is best to check the condition of your anvil and blades and the blade gap that is present in your machine.

The blades should be hollow ground and the rule of thumb is " can they sharpen a pencil" if yes then OK if No then resharpen. Blades on 190 can be turned around therefore giving you a double edge, when refitting please ensure that the area on the rotor is clean and free from debris as if they do not sit down correctly, when tightened, they will not work effectivly and could cause problems. Torque setting for the blade bolts is 125 lbs ft.

Check anvil for roundness on the cutting edge, if it is excessive, 3mm rounding or over then the anvil requires changing.

The blade gap should be 2.5 to 3mm between anvil edge and blade edge.

The rounding of the anvil conbined with blunt / worn blades will increase the gap to a point where it tends to bend instead of chipping.

If you have to change the anvil, it is a job that can be performed by the DIY'er Procedure is to remove funnel assembly, wiring is disconnected by plug connection, the bottom roller has to be removed to expose the 2 x cap head bolts.

The cap head bolts (M12 x 40) are glued in on factory production and need some heat to aid removal, these will be the most difficult operation of the change.

Upon reassembly the torque setting for the anvil bolts is 65 lbs ft plus the use of a medium to high strength thread adhesive.

Hope that this is some assistance to you.

Timberwolf Tech Support