Mitox cs41 replacement

Rob74

Sure Steve,

The Mitox is not a bad saw, the company are a good, family business.

But.... I am very careful who I sell it too. As said, its definatley NOT a pro user saw.

Even the best saw is only as reliable as the dealer who looks after it.

I did sell a CS38 a few years ago which was a right 'b****h' of a saw. After the customer had brought it back twice and was none to happy, I swapped it for a new saw as I could just not justify spending time and money on it compared with the price (cost to me) of a replacement.

Mitox would understandably not back me in this, as they prefer to fix, which i could have done but could not be arsed!

I agree, Ive always considered Mitox to be OK & the owner is expecting it to cut like fury?

N

Edited by NFG

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am expecting too much but when I pay £170 for a saw I expect it to as good if not better than the refurbished gardenline I paid £40 for.

I'm nor after name calling or trouble causing but I just wish I'd stuck to my own plan & not got talked into this by the salesman.

I'm off back to the shop this week so we will see what they say, if all fails I will just stick it on ebay & buy something else seen as I've just been 5old I've another 8-10 ton of hardwood coming

We use about 3 ton of wood a winter for our own woodburner so if you have 8-10 tons of hardwood coming , thats hardly domestic casual use which is where the Mitox and other DIY brands are aimed at. You really need a semi pro of even pro saw around 50cc for that

The problem is with a lot of these DIY saws is that they have non adjustable carbs and run quiet lean. When you need a bit more power and hence fuel, the carb cannot be adjusted to allow for this. The makers seem to allow for the saw cutting smaller branches and little more

We use about 3 ton of wood a winter for our own woodburner so if you have 8-10 tons of hardwood coming , thats hardly domestic casual use which is where the Mitox and other DIY brands are aimed at. You really need a semi pro of even pro saw around 50cc for that

The problem is with a lot of these DIY saws is that they have non adjustable carbs and run quiet lean. When you need a bit more power and hence fuel, the carb cannot be adjusted to allow for this. The makers seem to allow for the saw cutting smaller branches and little more

The Mitox has an adjustable Walbro carb.

Wow I wish we could get away with 3 ton for a full year, I'm guessing it's not your only fuel/heat. We only have one multifuel fire that runs hot water & central heating. Most people around here 10 to 15 ton is normal if it's your only heat/hot water fuel.

Wow I wish we could get away with 3 ton for a full year, I'm guessing it's not your only fuel/heat. We only have one multifuel fire that runs hot water & central heating. Most people around here 10 to 15 ton is normal if it's your only heat/hot water fuel.

Is there any update from the dealer yet? I wonder if its sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any update from the dealer yet? I wonder if its sorted.

Still not taken it in due to other commitments but I bought a husqvarna 13. The husky is so much better & more like my old saw. I did have a chat with mitox on Twitter but they suddenly stopped replying.

Hopefully this week will be less manic & I will get to the shop for it sorting or even a refund.

UPDATED

I finally got to take the mitox back to the shop. After changing the fuel filter, fuel lines & finaly the carb it seems to be running better. I would say perfect but it still doesn't sound right to me but as small 2stroke is not my speciality I just went with what he said.

So if anybody is looking for a "as new" mitox I know of one for sale

UPDATED

I finally got to take the mitox back to the shop. After changing the fuel filter, fuel lines & finaly the carb it seems to be running better. I would say perfect but it still doesn't sound right to me but as small 2stroke is not my speciality I just went with what he said.

So if anybody is looking for a "as new" mitox I know of one for sale ������

Guess it will be ….Cheeeeeep then:biggrin:

Probably lol what I will have spent with this & now the husky 135 I could have got a dolma 420 from shavey :(

I guess I learned the lesson this time

Its a painful lesson sometimes …been there ,done that ..Quality is cheep in the end i Guess.

Hey..enjoy the Husqvarna though :thumbup1: