Alone in the wild.

skyhuck

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys cacking himself at night! must be a bit worrying with the bears though! dont know if talking to em makes any differance.

If a bear hears you coming they will most likely run away, if you get close to one before it hears you it may well attack, especially if it has cubs.

If a bear hears you coming they will most likely run away, if you get close to one before it hears you it may well attack, especially if it has cubs.

Oh i know Dave, good god i was in Armley (Leeds) the other day, i know how he feels!

I feel very sorry for the amount of flak he's had over this. The papers are going mad sayng Ch4 should be sued for letting him do it etc. I think the immense solitude is what gets to him in the end, aswell as starving to death.

Fair play to him giving it his best shot.

Nearly missed it but just managed to - thanks to Ch4 +1 :biggrin:

I like the idea of what he was doing but in reality I think there would only be a tiny few people that could stick it out - the isolation would be unbeleiveable, without any of the other factors

Wasn't really sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Thought they handled the whole killing to eat side of things well as that's usuaully where the media jump on things like this.

What he was saying about the Indian Potato plant was interesting - I'd heard of people getting this wrong before and it being fatal if you ate any decent quantity.

A book (or the film version of it) that might be of interest (and based on a true story) and along a vaguely similar theme is "into the Wild" by Jon Krakenauer (i think it's spellt somethign like that).

Edited by Chris Sheppard