Bolt on track grips

TobyAllen

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what size of liebherr have you bought i still work on some 944 demolition machines if you need the computer key for attachments give me a shout

About a week off the unveiling as John Craig is currently doing the Engcon Install, and he's quite a bit to do on this one again.

Eddie.

There likely is a better machine out there,but not one that I'm going to buy soon or hire in. Steel tracks with aggressive grousers are ok, but welding them on seems a bit silly.

I'm not doing anything too extreme it's just that time of year again when I start to think anything to improve traction is a good thing.

Bolt a piece of big chain widthways across every fourth track plate, its an easy job with a mag drill and will make a huge difference, you only need a hole each end . It kept us from skating off down steep motorway banks , just unbolt them when your finished.

Bob

I have never thought about chain size because there are always piles of it in the yard to butcher up. I would use a chain that takes a 16mm bolt through the link on a small machine ( 6 ton or under) and a chain that takes a 20mm bolt on a bigger machine. Sandwich the chain with two decent thick washers and fit the track plates between the two nuts so the chain can swivel around on the bolt . This size chain gives an upstand of 2"

There is an old set of tracks with chains on at my other yard , I will take a picture of them when they surface.

Bob

image.jpg1_zpsi7q18bl0.jpg

Edited by aspenarb
fat fingers