Shopping list

Ragdoll

Looking to get a setup for once i pass my cs38/39, so far I have

Petzl zigzag MK3

Petzl zillon

Petzl Sequoia

Throwline and ball

Ali gecko spikes

What size(mm) and brand rope should I get, Length between 30-40m.

What do you guy's use for carrying your saw? (was thinking a 50cm eye 2 eye)

Opinions on the best carabiners? at least 1 will be a Petzl OK Tract for the zigzag.

Thanks. :biggrin:

Edited by Ragdoll

Looking to get a setup for once i pass my cs38/39, so far I have

Petzl zigzag MK3

Petzl zillon

Petzl Sequoia

Throwline and ball

Ali gecko spikes

What size(mm) and brand rope should I get, Length between 30-40m.

What do you guy's use for carrying your saw? (was thinking a 50cm eye 2 eye)

Opinions on the best carabiners? at least 1 will be a Petzl OK Tract for the zigzag.

Thanks. :biggrin:

Couple of things,why not use an endless sling as a chainsaw strop,very little cost and has a multitude of uses.Lots of options for krabs,dmm do lots of sizes,types etc i like the ovals but its a personal choice.

I really dont understand why anyone would get a zillion when you can set up your own lanyard for half the price.Mk3 zigzags are the bollocks but id consider a cambium saver to run your rope through aswell.Safe climbing

Couple of things,why not use an endless sling as a chainsaw strop,very little cost and has a multitude of uses.Lots of options for krabs,dmm do lots of sizes,types etc i like the ovals but its a personal choice.

I really dont understand why anyone would get a zillion when you can set up your own lanyard for half the price.Mk3 zigzags are the bollocks but id consider a cambium saver to run your rope through aswell.Safe climbing

I can see an endless sling being a right pita for a saw strop. Twice the amount of fabric to get caught/hung up on stuff. Hitch cord is probably the cheapest idea, but when a bungee strop with a tearaways costs just over a tenner and should last ages (unless you cut it) why bother skimping. Also if using a tape sling on a rear handle saw the weak point becomes the saw, making for a very expensive snatch (no giggling, at the back).

Agreed on the zillion, cheap and easy to buy a micro pulley and some hitch cord. I use a positioner now (which I scorned in the past for being an expensive trinket) and wouldn't move back, but I climbed for years on a hitch.

Like Darrin, I find the petzl oval krabs to be pretty tough, but it's whatever shape and size suits you and your kit really.