Husky 570 X-torque

jamesivor

I have a late 2012 570 owned from new and used for firewood only , runs a 20" bar fine , the saw is identical to a 576xp carb model apart from the barrel and piston , my 2009 576xp runs rings round it . but its a very smooth saw to use .

570 was a smaller version of the 575, both the 570 and 575 went down like a lead ballon, broken cranks, main bearins turning in the crankcase, the US market refused to carry on with it, so the 576 was born, different crankcase, wider bearing on the flywheel side, different cylinder, it was a much better saw, but the 372 had a much larger following, which i guess is why the 372 is still in the range.

I really like my 365xt version which does not have autotune - I much prefer a basic carb without electronic control.

Also a bargain at around £540 paticually as it is fairly easy to mod it to a 372 by grinding the transfer ports.

Does me fine anyway, buy it again for sure.

N

570 is a cracking saw but heavy I had one and didn't have any issues with it until I dropped a large Sitka spruce on top of it. It had plenty of torque when felling hard wood. I found it a tough saw till the unfortunate accident. Would run with a 20" or a 24" bar and just done what it was made for.