• Old Fashioned Prussik
    • New fangled VT
    • Sexy Aluminium widget

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which do you use?

Myself I have mostly settled on the blakes, as an update on the old 4 wrap prussick. I have used a VT, but I find its does'nt suit my style on big takedowns.

Do different hitches suit different jobs or climbing styles?

i prefer the kleimeist as i tried the blakes but i cannot stand having the tail waggling about in front of me ( the stop knot end) same when i tie a bowline i always use the yosemite tie off method to remove that tail used to use a vt on my body strop but use a isc rope grab now had to use anothers climbers kit the other week briefly who still uses standard prussik wrap on body strop one word AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH frustration that means i cant hang on to the stem with one hand and tend the slack with the other sod that again lol ...... but as said always no climbers climb the same and different methods favour others than some.as long as your happy in your method why change just because fred down the road uses it ... try it by all means but just because it doesnt feel right doesn't mean it doesn't work.... and the same for when trying all new ideas dont just use it for five minutes and declare it crap use it for a good day and then decide.

Im pretty happy climbing on any of them evan the ally wedge!

Im trying to get as fast on ascending on the vt as i am body thrusting on a prussik...the prussiks down fall for me is some times it slips or it bites up completly when i really dont want it to,never a problem with the vt.

I used my works mate prussik set up the other day first time id used that set up in ages could not work out why it works so well...A becouse i used it for 10 years or B it is a good set up.

The ally wedge is good for ascending can be a bit too fast desending if your not carefull and you have to use a climbing style very simular to climbing on a vt but i just cant get my head around not having a knot in front of me,still picking up tricks when i use it........dont really have the patients or time to try and retrain myself to really get the most out of it though.

If some one learnt to climb on one they would benifit the most but i feel most or us old boys who are too used to hitches its a bit of a head f~~k

whats an ally wedge matty?
christ i duno what im typin its a lock jack sorry guys harsh week and too long in the pub on friday

and sat!well only escape from the missis!ive been issued with a harsh warning abour my net visits to te tree sites but she dont seem to get it......that i like and need these places to chill the f*ck out inbetween writing reports quotes and invoices and all the other crap that keeeps her in shoppin money