Lowering techniques help

Ste1993

[ATTACH]191842[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]191843[/ATTACH]

This is my cradle system , quick and easy to set and it's far easier than tip roping if your using a Hobbs /grcs type device for getting limbs off roofs or targets and you can take huge limbs out in one go rather than 2-3 bits you would of had to do tip or butt roping.

Interestingly We have been playing with this system lots on defective trees and it puts a lot less shock load than tip or butt tied ropes one example is after dismantling a whole tree on the cradle I butt roped one limb and it tore out the rigging anchor despite been about third the size of the average limb we had been taking out cradling.

Nice one. Have you tried using a spider leg .

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1445369116.070672.jpg.9732114eff1ce55d9f5fd4281df07685.jpg

Yeah I did my 41 earlier on in the year and they still teach you to just to use the rope. 2 clove hitches spaced out along the branch , then back up to the rope and tie a bowline which forms a triangle.

In my ISA art & science rigging book it has a method of using a separate peace of rigging rope(say 7meters) running bowlines at each end on to the branch, the use a prussic loop in the middle of that peace of rope. Then you can find the perfect balancing point.

Really? I would have thought they'd figured out something something better by now.

I have Darin , if I'm rigging I'll always keep a steel crab on the line so if I want to take it off or on its seconds and I don't have to find or worry about tying the hitch and dressing it and the groundie can just clip it on and it's ready to go ... I'm quite impatient like! It's a good technique though for keeping the angles out on big lumps as gray git says.

Has any one tried the shizzle balancer ??? I'm intrigued!