Navara quick question

TheHungrySquirrel

Mine has never been gutless towing . It drags a Jensen A540 about no worries . I have removed the interals from the DPF , blanked off the EGR valve and fitted a larger bore stainless exhaust .

And mine will tow the trailer and a530t on so 1850-1900kg then a load of logs stuffed down the sides and the back full of logs (crew cab)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine would tow more than 2.6 I was just wondering if they had changed the spec (down) it makes no difference as the most I tow I about 1t plus trailer weight.

Just seems odd that 190 hp now and still only 2.6 tow weight.

Yup that is poor, this can tow 3 tonne and i think are 130 hp?

What do people think to hilux so then? Seeing as most people are telling me the navara is crap and also a mechanic tells me to get a hilux.

They good once they get up into 150k miles or so?

I think a lot of it is luck I find the hilux un breakable but know a few people who had really bad experience with them. If you work a truck to death and it never gives a minutes trouble or leaks you tend to have a lot of confidence. Going to the expense of twin battery and 24 volt start would indicate they are built to a spec more that a price.