chp woodchip

Busy Daddy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone produce large size woodchip possibly G 100 with no smalls

The guy was told the best chipper to produce this was a screw type

He was told you have to have no smalls in it to produce the correct type of gases , can anyone help please

He probably means the sasmo, later to be the Laimet screw chipper, these were used to produce chunks for downdraught gasifiers.

Actually the first Jensen machines were chunkers.

Loads of images if you google chunker, .

The branch loggers are similar types of machines.

Thanks

This guy is looking supply 2 large chp units

I am hoping that my heizohack with a G 100 screen will do it

We use a fairly good approximation to G100 chip in our boilers. Best is from a muzmax with a 80 mm screen but as you know G100 does contain fines. If your brief is no fines then you will need to put your output through a screen. (Sieve)

Thanks I haven't been given the specs yet

Id like to know if anyone runs a chp

The idea is to run the gases through an engine and generator to produce the electric , just wondering what he chip quality / mc have to be to produce the correct gases

I've never been directly involved but have witnessed some failures from the B(9 units to the big white elephant at Norwich campus.

Thermally you need to minimise parasitic losses because in essence you aim to feed 1kg of air to every kg of dry wood and make sure the whole massflow passes through 850C+. Any moisture is robbing the system of .7kWh for every kilo it has to vaporise and then heat to this temperature.

However as the cold gas efficiency will be less than 80% and your heat engine won't be better than 33% you actually have a lot of low grade heat for pre drying.

Having said that the units being installed in the midlands by edge with burkhardt and the smaller entrade one that have both been running for 1000s of hours without hiccup use premium pellets for their consistency and bulk density plus some very sophisticated system control.

Thanks I haven't been given the specs yet

Id like to know if anyone runs a chp

The idea is to run the gases through an engine and generator to produce the electric , just wondering what he chip quality / mc have to be to produce the correct gases

Recipe for disaster. The holy grail "clean" gas from woodchip they have been trying to do it since WW2 and I am still not convinced anyone has achieved it which is why the serious CHP users have opted for Stirling engines, ORC or Steam.