Large Laurel hedge

t0ny0k

Looks like a Bee in that Jar! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

It's the way butterfly collectors would kill their specimens before mounting them with a pin.

Oddly I smell the crushed laurel but in the day I never could smell the cymag when we gassed rabbits, I would get so worried that I used to finish the day with a banging headache.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although as not recommended - its a PITA to deal with - our main hedges our laurel and kept back with a hedgecutter on a tractor - but we have alot of non hedge stuff - which gets burnt - lay it on and stand well back avoiding the smoke.... and head off untill its burnt down then reheap a new lot on the fire.

Do people really suffer with this stuff? I've cut it, burnt it, chipped it, shovelled the chip and never once felt so much as light headed. I like the smell!

Same here, even used it as barbeque fuel and I've never noticed a thing.

Do people really suffer with this stuff? I've cut it, burnt it, chipped it, shovelled the chip and never once felt so much as light headed. I like the smell!

If your working outside well ventilated its fine,its only an issue when your enclosed such as in a lane with high sides or shovelling the stuff in the box fr a while but i have seen some people take a bad skin reaction to it, kinda like red welts on the arms.

Just warning people and makin them aware of the potential dangers

Same here, even used it as barbeque fuel and I've never noticed a thing.

I'd probably switch to gas if I were you :001_tt2:

Thing with these things is they build up slowly in your body, with who know what possible health problems in later lift.

So what's the best way to get rid of them? I've got a big Laurel hedge on my property.

Thing with these things is they build up slowly in your body, with who know what possible health problems in later lift.

So what's the best way to get rid of them? I've got a big Laurel hedge on my property.

Use a chainsaw:001_tt2:

If your working outside well ventilated its fine,its only an issue when your enclosed such as in a lane with high sides or shovelling the stuff in the box fr a while but i have seen some people take a bad skin reaction to it, kinda like red welts on the arms.

Just warning people and makin them aware of the potential dangers

Fair enough but I've never heard of a skin reaction to common laurel. Euphorbia and Rhus yes, but not laurel.

Hydrogen cyanide won't build up in your body, believe me! But it's in the leaves and berries, not the wood.

Getting rid of it.... chip it or burn it outdoors.