What the best 3500kgs tipping trailer thanks

mendiplogs

The new Ifor Williams trailers are made lighter because they use marine steel for the chassis that can bend more and go back to shape if they are over exerted :001_rolleyes: and are considerably stronger than standard mild steel. The bodies are mainly alloy , the whole idea is to increase the actual pay load one can put on the trailer .I have an Uncle that has worked there for more than 30 odd years and he says that a massive amount of time & money has been spent bending ,breaking and all round testing ,specifically to increase payloads, as he says its impossible to judge the quality of modern materials on sight alone, they have laboratory test to get the specific standard of materials.

The only alloy used on the bed is the centre section.

They may do lots of testing but it's not a lot of use if you don't use what you find out.

They had a problem with the centre posts cracking badly, first the welds break then the steel cracks through, when we called them about it they said "yes we know about that problem, we will send you a new set" trouble is the new set are identical to the old ones, so they really sorted that problem out.

Like I said I wouldn't touch their tippers again, the flatbeds still take some beating though.

Hi kieth is £3100 plus vat a good price thanks Jon

How much is the Brian James ?

I have seen a few of them about now and they look a nice well built and well finished trailer.

As I said resale value is the only thing that would concern me.

We have a little Ansemms single axle trailer. (model PSX1300).. Gross is 1300kg with a 1080kg payload.... it's non-tipping.

However!! My Lordy what a trailer!.... on the farm I've loaded it up with big lumps of green oak, umpteen overloaded trailers of shale and in one hit it carried two full pallets of red bricks + four railway sleepers.

I recently used it as a flatbed trailer to move 800 square bales of hay (40 at a time).

Next trailer we get will be a tipping Anssems or Humbaur.

Ifors are rubbish in comparison.

cheers, steve

I must admit I sold my new style 8x5 (tt2515) ifor as it wasn't quite as good as i had hoped! The older tt85 was really good in comparison. I saw a graham Edwards tipper and it looked brilliant, I emailed graham edwards and got a reply back within minutes saying they would make me a 8x5 tipper with solid sides as apposed to mesh just like I asked for. I must admit I am tempted.