Finding markets

the village idiot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only really tried online, eBay, gumtree and Friday add. I just think it's hard to compete with imported timber. Look at the prices on UK oak, if you get your timber for free you may be ok but if you are paying for the timber it's hard to compete.

Hmmm.

Competition from cheap imports seems to be a reoccurring theme. I have hit the same hurdle with charcoal and to some extent firewood.

Yeah I don't know why gravel boards etc don't sell.

I have these lovely chestnut planks ideal gravel board, decking or rustic cladding. Had no interest, not even at £4 a plank. Now thinking they will make great kindling :thumbup:

That's very sad, they look really nice. Have you tried Woodlots?

Yeah I have an add on woodlots.

It must be a lot to do with marketing. If someone actually saw them they might buy them but people who look for this stuff online just want it cheap. All is not lost I am using to to build myself a log shed. :)

I hope I have put you off others do seem to do well I think it's just me who's not a great salesman!

Yeah I have an add on woodlots.

It must be a lot to do with marketing. If someone actually saw them they might buy them but people who look for this stuff online just want it cheap. All is not lost I am using to to build myself a log shed. :)

I hope I have put you off others do seem to do well I think it's just me who's not a great salesman!

I was kinda hoping I could make sales over the internet. People tend not to take me seriously when they meet me face to face:001_smile: