Too dangerous to drive??

ballibeg

Took my duster in for its 2nd service at ACs in Dumfries and got told it had 4 buckled wheels (steel) and needed 4 tyres (22,000 miles). Took it to the local tyre place, wheels not buckled and did not need tyres. Wanted the stereo changed under warranty as it would not accept CDs, apparently not covered by warranty and new stereo would be £560. Bought one off ebay £70 fitted it myself 10 mins.

Our young stockman took his Vauxhall into another branch of AC for a service, phone call saying 2 springs were broke, but I only bought it off you 6 mths ago, got told it must be the way he drives it. His dad rung them up and then went into see them with some very choice words, apparently they now reckon they sold it to him like it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's like when I go looking at jobs, "that trees riddled with honey fungus and will definitely fall and squash a bus full of orphans and nuns". There are thieving money grabbing toe rags in every sector, which is why word of mouth is so important, the garage I go to I trust implicitly, big dealerships not so much

Hi

Ive seen a few worn discs in my time (our Peugots used to go through them) , but those look barely worn to me & the same for the pads.

I can see looking towards the centre of the disc, theres barely any disceranble 'lip'.

I would look elsewhere.

N

Took my duster in for its 2nd service at ACs in Dumfries and got told it had 4 buckled wheels (steel) and needed 4 tyres (22,000 miles). Took it to the local tyre place, wheels not buckled and did not need tyres. Wanted the stereo changed under warranty as it would not accept CDs, apparently not covered by warranty and new stereo would be £560. Bought one off ebay £70 fitted it myself 10 mins.

Our young stockman took his Vauxhall into another branch of AC for a service, phone call saying 2 springs were broke, but I only bought it off you 6 mths ago, got told it must be the way he drives it. His dad rung them up and then went into see them with some very choice words, apparently they now reckon they sold it to him like it.

Arnold Clarks! Say no more! Horrendous.

I took my wife's 10 year old TT to the main Audi dealer to get a new key. Cost of key was eye watering, but they found a minor warranty issue was outstanding on the car, and did that at the same time. I sat in their very smart showroom for an hour in my sawdust covered scruffs, and was treated like royalty. In fact I was offered free coffee no less than five times.

Ac are a bunch of 😡😡(would be banned if I said my true feelings) we bought a car from them and it spent more time in the workshop the first two months we owned it. Then the general manager had the cheek to call me a lier on several occasions. Needless to say a nice bit of online feed back gets results but I'd never buy from them again and try to put others of from buying from them.