Training for BS5837?

Al Cormack

Many moons ago I did the btech national diploma in Arboriculture at Merrist Wood.

A couple of years ago I passed the professional tree inspection course.

Is a higher professional qualification required to be able to carry out surveys for BS5837 and tree impact statements?

Cheers...Al

There is no 'ticket' which allows you to do them, it boils down to relevant experience and training. Tree life I think do a short course which covers it specifically, but you will also need experience to be able to write a decent impact assessment/method statement etc. There is more to it than meets the eye...

There is no 'ticket' which allows you to do them, it boils down to relevant experience and training. Tree life I think do a short course which covers it specifically, but you will also need experience to be able to write a decent impact assessment/method statement etc. There is more to it than meets the eye...

I did a short course with tree life some time ago, found it very useful and a good refresh

I checked the AA website but couldn't see any BS5837 courses.

There is a subsidence one coming up in Wokingham which is not far from me.

The AA do a course on categorising trees for 5837 surveys but nothing on the site at the moment. I think they ran one a couple of weeks ago.

The Treelife course will cover all aspects, tree survey, tree constraints, AIA, TPP, and AMS. I did it about 10 years ago. Remember though it's a one day course so it will be skimmed over pretty quickly. I covered it again a couple of years ago as part of the L6 in which it is covered in much more detail.

Cheers