Losing keys

alex_m

I have just spent the last hour working up a sweat (i do actually smell now!) checking everywhere for my car keys and they turned out to be under the cushion on the computer chair.

I sat back down to go on t'net and heard the sweet sound of keys jangling.

My hair must have receded back an inch or so! Phew....

Anyone been in the same situation with something important to go to? (luckily all i wanted to do is go to the shop :D )

lol.....I have had that recently, lost truck keys so had to use spare but they didn't have key to ladders to had to cut the locks of...only to find they were in the misses car, doh.

Typical that, totaly give up looking for em then they just appear out of nowhere.

I have left a full set of keys (yard,house, trucks) on the bonnet of a Landrover once, they were still there after five miles. Twice now I've left my house keys in another vehicle to get home (60 miles) to realise what I've done and the neighbours (spare keys) were out the first time and in bed the next! Doh!

Lost pickup key, house key, garage key on a job last January. Left unlocked, full of chip, pickup on client's drive for the night with one of their cars blocking it. Went back with metal detector in the morning, opened up the chipper, sieved chip onto the ground and back into the wagon - nothing. Got loaded pickup removed to franchise dealer for two new coded keys; yep, couldn't find the spare at home either! So £268 and two days later I was up and running again with two new keys. Found the missing spare three weeks later and the originals turned up three months later: I'd hidden them inside a chainsaw glove! That's right - didn't find them in three months. Actually it was my mate who found them when he borrowed the gloves!

A plus was that I got back all but £27 on keys insurance. And when I get the original two keys recoded I'll have four coded keys. Lol.