Age old question Jenny or TW

Thesnarlingbadger

Because I have a a530t and a st8 and the forst is better thoughtout, easier to maintain, build quality feels more substantial. Clear fuel tank, catches,handles and securing easier to use. Led lights so can be 24v and 12v. Jockey and towing hitch easier and feels better build. Stop go buttons, single Grease point.

Lads prefer using the forst.

Just my experience and opinion.

Anyway back to the op.

They're both good machines, the Jensen is probably made to a higher standard, build quality wise, but the weight and the price reflect that.

I've had a TW for 12 years, it's good, but like everything as they get older you need to be simpatico and handy with the spanners.

Yeah unfortunetly the Forst chippers are a tad pricey and I'm not likely to find a second hand one knocking about yet. I do like what I have heard and seen though.

As for tracked chippers I will have much more need for a towable one due to the majority of my wool being city based.

I do like TW's don't get me wrong, I just want to know if the 530 is worth the extra 2k on a TW150.

I'm pretty handy with the macanical side of things and the basics of a TW chipper but is the Jenny much different in that respect as I'm not perticually a fan of smashing my knuckles (I do that enough on the job).

Thanks for the input though big help.

Yeah unfortunetly the Forst chippers are a tad pricey and I'm not likely to find a second hand one knocking about yet. I do like what I have heard and seen though.

As for tracked chippers I will have much more need for a towable one due to the majority of my wool being city based.

I do like TW's don't get me wrong, I just want to know if the 530 is worth the extra 2k on a TW150.

I'm pretty handy with the macanical side of things and the basics of a TW chipper but is the Jenny much different in that respect as I'm not perticually a fan of smashing my knuckles (I do that enough on the job).

Thanks for the input though big help.

2K is not alot of down time.I would suggest a Jensen.

Excellent just what I wanted to hear with regards to maintance, what about the greese points, are they pretty handy to get to on the 530 or a pain in the backside like normal. That's one really good point the TW230 did with its easily accessible greese points.

Yeah I'm happy to save a little extra for something as long as it's worth it. Just want to make sure. Thanks

Tw and Jensen are top machines . Although do not be so quick to disregard any other quality kit as poorly maintained equipment will perform ...... crappy .

Just saying...... any quality machine that is maintained will perform its duties very well .

To many variables to contend with . Its dam hard nowadays to get a comparison ie like for like on many modern machines . Get a demo of your most favorite chippers and then compare then :001_smile:

I've had a TW for 12 years, it's good, but like everything as they get older you need to be simpatico and handy with the spanners.

Yes same here regarding the TW . I have always wondered how much I would of spent on maintaining / repairing and sharpening my chippers and stumpy . If I wasn't handy with my spanners ?

Handy with a spanner ain't got no bearing on the film scum however cool Ray's spanner was at that particular time . Only older folk will understand this ..... ( wheres your tool ) Class .

Ahh that's good with the greese points, not that it's the end off the world to get to them but simplicity make life a little bit easier.

Yeah I'm keen on maintaining whatever machine I get to a very high standard as I'm sure most people are but really want to know if there are any visual signs the a chipper has been used and abused more than needs be or if it is similar to a car where it is a case of can't see any issues for the out look then bam the head gasket is gone.

Thanks again people