What's the best way to protect your chickens from that fox electric fence around the

mendiplogs

Hi NFG WHAT THE weather like down there then raining is it thanks Jon 👍

Jon, we have the rain last night - so good & saved our crops as everything was getting very dry - 50mm wide cracks in the ground! only the second decent rain in nearly 3 months!

Yesterday it rained in full sun when it was about 30 degrees, hot rain falling from a blue sky for about 10 minutes, but all dried up quickly

hopefully we get some more tonight & maybe lundi

a tout a l'heure

N

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steel mesh and or sheets of steel 18 - 24" down all the way around, aviary wire or stronger above ground and for the roof as well, or strong netting at the least. I've also got corrugated Vistalux roof so all nice and dry. Solid floored strong coop and I lock them in at night. I've not lost a chicken yet though foxes have been seen walking on the roof!

I pee for England over our chicken area. Haven't got an electric fence. We pop them into a chicken tractor every night.

Have seen quite a few foxes on our farm and they have left poo near the chicken area but not ventured past my pee zone, yet!

Cheers, Steve

I've heard of a big cock protecting the hens, but this is ridiculous! :laugh1:

Theres a six foot fence around our garden, not dug in at all and a fox has never come into the garden in 5 years of keeping hens touch wood. The other side of the fence is woodland and within 10 meters theres a massive earth that has fox and badger. We have dogs loose in the garden all day so the scent will be about and i sling rabbit guts over the fence for them. If they're not hungry they won't take risks. Thats the theory anyway :thumbup: