What equipment to start up?

Will Cobb

A Vehicle, trailer, chipper, saw, somewhere to dump, insurance,first aid kit, a bit of common sense, and most importantly of all, be able to deal with your customers and smile:thumbup1:.

TBH you will be better off working with another surgeon, get experience in all aspects, especially in dealing with customers, then do your own jobs.

If you work for someone now all the stuff they use ona regular basis. I'm about to start up once i get a vehicle. I'm planning on having :-

Silky

MS200T

MS250

big husky i've got hold of and not sure what the model is. But a large mid range/large saw for the bigger stuff or just runa 361 if you know someone who can lend or loan a 660 or 880

climbing kit helmet boots trousers etc

spikes

broom

rake

blower

bulk bags

decent length of bull rope

tipper/trailer

fuel cans

tools and files etc

a dump site contact or two

probably forgotten a load but that seems alright for now.

Bleedin Hell

What can you start with Or what should you start with

either way

A good understanding that being a good tradesman does not a business make !!

After that A means to get customers then a means to price up & then ameans to get paid

as for kit Afags might give you an idea of the implementation & then backwards engineer the kit to suit the type of job you intend to take on

SO if aerial need climbing kit & rescue kit

Something to cut stuff with

some means of dealing with the arisings you've just made

I started with a flat bed merc van ,some aerial kit & a 230 & not much

else

Buy what you need when you've got work for it & not before

Whatever you earn dont expect it to be all year round & make sure you've got enough £ in the bank from november to see you through untill march.

I'm sorry I'm going to be harsh here, with an ill thought out brief post like that you are telling me that your not in a postion to be even thinking about starting your own business yet.

Are you being asked to do work yet ?

What do you need to earn a day to survive ? Take into account basic business overheads and all your personal overheads.

What's the minimum kit you can survive with ? Like Yorkshireman I started with a flat bed 3.5 tonner and very little kit.

I'd suggest using the search facility on arbtalk to research topics that are concerning you and then maybe construct a new post with specific queries.

Most important thing ? Self dicipline.