advice please.

gnfencer

Shane, unfortunately Colin can't do the rolling of your driveway, his tag dictates he can't go near schools, or people houses and has a 7 pm.curfew,

Anyway I'm going to buy a new chainsaw with the money from the job this weekend, not your usual huskvarnish or sihll rubbish, I'm going to blow it all on a ryobi, then once I buy I'm I can call myself a tree surgeon, as it appears the only qualification required is to have once done a days gardening, ( and I used to have a window box outside my flat) and own a chainsaw.

If your in the market for a chainsaw there were some of those nice Irish travelling salesmen around the other day selling chainsaws and diesel generators, you'd be full equipped then wouldn't have to worry about an extension lead for the shredder be much more convenient to arrive at 6am and fire up the genny.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sound system have you got in the lada Niva? I usually find some hard core dance music gets the team going throughout the day.

you have to set volume to max though to make sure everyone can hear it above the saws etc. Quality speakers are a must for anyone wanting to run a tree team. Cheap speakers are just p1sh at high volume.

Hi gm fence I have a couple of 395 XP saws .only used to cut a couple of stumps ,so still sharp.wasn't really sure which fuel to use so filled with 4 * a bit rough on idle but loads of power.the nice man who sold them to me only wanted £80 for the pair ,full husky warranty I believe.once I have had my tea could pop them in tractor and meet you in Perth in couple of hours.say £50 including delivery.that should make life easier for you tomorrow.:thumbup::thumbup:

7What a helpful bunch!

I'm just back from the coulterfanny( for all you English folk it's pronounced kooter- with a fanny next). Bowling green, .

Bloody bell grass is short there, when I drove on with the wife's tata ( I've a shot of it unit t be nivas back on the road)

You could see the wire mark from the tyres on the grass, Anyway I reckon the strimmer cord will get very hard treatment from always striking the ground,

So us fencers we are a practical bunch, I've replaced the cord with barbed wire that's harder wearing and should make a tidy job,

Well I'm thinking it may take a while to do the job and I've too many jobs on so to save time I've taken my niece's rabbits down to graze it they'll make short work,

Oh and you'll like this as I drove on I noticed a terrible Drop onto the grass, well it turns out some cowboy has dug a ditch right around the bloody thing and not backfilled, well I've denzils best friend, Andy, arranged with a tractor and dumper cart full of pea shingle, and a length of flexibility coil pipe, so we'll fill.that in too, broke the engine mounting of the tata when I hit it.

Edited by gnfencer

Biggarlogs, I don't care if you've the biggest bloody logs, I'm not going critter away £80 on rubbish huskvarnish, saws,

Ill stick to the ryobi, mitox and mcculloch gear thank you very much,

Anyway ill have a job getting to Perth on my grandfather mobility scooter, it's not charged up yet and there's an indicator broken, and you know what that Tayside police are like on the A90.

Biggarlogs, I don't care if you've the biggest bloody logs, I'm not going critter away £80 on rubbish huskvarnish, saws,

Ill stick to the ryobi, mitox and mcculloch gear thank you very much,

Anyway ill have a job getting to Perth on my grandfather mobility scooter, it's not charged up yet and there's an indicator broken, and you know what that Tayside police are like on the A90.

OK mate.just tying to help.but tractor not got any lights and a flat ,so maybe just as well.

Fieldfencer, my old mucker, that's the same job Christ man, that price you charged bloody rip.off, I'm just go I g to.take the loppers to the cables , problem solved and those red kites or whatever they are , a drop of strickening will get rid of them ,

Fieldfencer, my old mucker, that's the same job Christ man, that price you charged bloody rip.off, I'm just go I g to.take the loppers to the cables , problem solved and those red kites or whatever they are , a drop of strickening will get rid of them ,

If you've still got some Tarmac left over from the other job. Can you quote me to do my living room with what's left?