Avant Verses MultiOne

blades

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a multione. It's a handy machine,

I have never used an avant.

The multione is a well thought out machine in many respects, personally I wouldn't buy one because I feel some components are under engineered such as the headstock hitch and the plastic floppy steering wheel dash arrangement.

and some of the build quality could be better in design. I could be biased as I tend to use heavier duty equipment.

As someone once said to me

"It's Italian, they have great ideas but don't seem to finish them"

I'm very interested to read everyone's thoughts and experiences. I have an 8 acre small holding with another 5 in woodland. Despite having sheep, I need to be able to top the 8 acres when required. I do a fair amount of tree planting to its handy to use the post hole borer. I also need to be able to lift a ton. The Avant with all its attachments ticks the bill for me and quite a bit more. The small footprint of the avant is also a real benefit. I guess the big negative is the price but an old tractor that can lift a ton on the loader is a fair bit bigger!

Lastly, my wife likes getting involved in all this and I made the mistake of letter her see how easy it is to attach and detach the implements! :crying:

The only thing you need to be carefull of when lifting weight is turning on slopes. I watch the boss sit the avant up against a tree but he was lifting a mahoosive peice of ash of which I probably would have done in 2. And also was turning 45 degrees over a mound

We have put near 1200 hours on a 640 in about 2 years, a wonderful tool, coming in just under 2000kg with the extra weights on the back, and will lift a tonne and manouver it from place to place, but great care is needed if placing at height as the boom moves out in an arc as it rises, so there can be a tipping point.

The rotary steel wire brush is simply magic for scouring weeds off pavoirs and flagged paths and kerbs.

One of my better purchase, the worst being a 3220 Case tractor many years ago.

I would love one, but poisonious dear for all I would use it.

I've got the avant 420 and i would certainly not be without it now. i doubt there is a lot between the avant and the multione.

Worth looking at the Norcar make especially if you think the avant is expensive! (look on youtube) it is a much better machine but nearly twice the price!

There is an attachment for just about everything now, just expensive, can be cheaper to buy some attachments through the likes of auger torque company or exac one. just ask for avant mounts to be used.

there are masses of vids on youtube.

I bought a Avant loader last year. A complete waste of money IMO.

Could be the "Avant Loader" part of that statement answers the question, if one merely needs a loader, I am sure there are better cheaper loaders out there.

I imagine, as I find myself saying, it is an Avant, i.e. the same as a Hoover, or Magimix or Jeep or Kango or Tommy Gun.

i.e. a defining concept.

The hydrostatic tool carrier, not a loader.

m