forgetting kit

John Shutler

been deadwooding in an old oak plantation today, using srt to access the crown, a fellow arbtalker who has been subbying to me who shall remain namelesswill ayers got about 30ft off the floor suddenly remembered hed left his climbing line behind. i was less than pleased with the prospect of going down to retrive his line for him...then i remembered the trusty fig8 that i sent down to him. his only punishment being he had to climb back up again

so whos forgotton what, be it climbing kit, keys or dare we say chipper

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a long while ago......

took a fully equipped truck and chipper 40 miles to site, to re-pollard some big pops, then realised it was'nt fully equipped on arrival...as in no chainsaws!

boss was far from happy, had to deliver us those saws, and made us saw for our lives with silkies! some stems about 6 inch dia, not too bad wood for a Hsaw, but it was a couple of hours before the Csaws arrived, i certainly knew i had pulled a saw!!

proberly worst thing is my hat or forget to take my chainsaw up tree or forget to do up my leg loops :blush:

Forgetting hat is one thing, not taking your saw up the tree...well thats for your groundie to warm up and send up after you are up there anyway, and doing up your leg loops, well really....:biggrin:

Forgot the keys to the chipper once, felled the tree stacked the brash and then ... hotwired it. Took me a while to figure it out though:cursing:

Was working with a guy last winter that did that.... on a rail job.... where we were under alot of pressure and deadline was looming..

To say the site foreman (me) was upset would be an understatement :blushing:

how did he forget his climbing line??either he was climbing a pole full of nugs, or he was spiking?and i thought you were dead wooding oaks, naughty naughty. or is there something i am missing:lol

we were accessing the crown using srt , taking up climbing line set up with vt etc in a rope bag tehn dropping it down then we had set top anchor