Leaning oak reduction

Adam Bourne

Loved it mate, took exactly one can of Magners to watch, perfect length.

You have a really instinctive and quick feel for which pruning cuts to make, a skill I never have had!

Couldn't see your top tie, were you base-anchored?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a really instinctive and quick feel for which pruning cuts to make, a skill I never have had!

I knew you were a man who appreciated a perfect length.

It's annoying how easy he makes it look. The only reason I watch his videos now is in the hope of hearing a "bollocks" as he snaps a growth point. I may be watching for a while :biggrin:

It's annoying how easy he makes it look. The only reason I watch his videos now is in the hope of hearing a "bollocks" as he snaps a growth point. I may be watching for a while :biggrin:

He edits all that out. You should have seen the other side he butchered all the branches back to the main stem!! :thumbup1:

I like these longer vids for reductions, keep them coming 👍

It's hard for a steady climber to make it look awesome in the sense that I don't do anything fancy! I do what I have to do and enjoy it :) but thanks Gerb :)

Great vid Adam, admittedly I fast forwarded a little but it was good to see how you are working the tree, great for starters to see an experienced climbers perspective and how important it is to have a sharp saw on a reduction (they should always be sharp I know, some new climbers don't even think of this....) no room for rips on reductions..... also enjoyed seeing how the SRT works well with a reduction.

The finished job was perfect, looked really nice and natural in it's setting.

Thanks Barry!

I don't think she was overly sharpe on the day she's just got some amazing grunt for a small saw! Modding it was the best thing I've done! She's a little gem and I love her. ;)

SRT really does come into its own in a reduction situation. Nothing else comes close! I could not go back to limb walking again :)

Finally watched it all. Did it in two sittings.

The vid was a bit long I thought but I get what your saying.

Good job.

Cheers bro,

I know there long but o like to think showing a decent perspective I what I'm doing! Hopefully may relieve my camera shyness :D

Great Vid Adam was a little to long but it is raining today so had the time to watch it for a change. Nice job in a nice setting tree looked great when finished.

Haha thanks dude I got piss wet through :D

You need a special licence to cut oak trees.

You can only cut them in winter.

You climbed above your anchor, I've telt the HSE.

Hahaha love you mate

Duel line base anchor on this one mate, fair size to the tips around 85 ish. Needed the extra rope to make me able to finish my last redirects naturally. I'm on form at the minute re reductions most growth points are just screaming at me. There are a few that require a little more thought lol :)

Totally agree with Mr Bolam . Took me a can of Polish Lager at 7% .

Not all Treemen have an eye for the final product :thumbup: Another quality

job .

Thanks buddy very kind words :)

Hahaha cheers joe I won't forget that next time it happens! If I catch it on film I'll be sure to post it ;)

He edits all that out. You should have seen the other side he butchered all the branches back to the main stem!! :thumbup1:

Hahaha you know I'm good :D

This is why you use me ;)

Love you James your a good lad :)

It's hard for a steady climber to make it look awesome in the sense that I don't do anything fancy! I do what I have to do and enjoy it :) but thanks Gerb :)

Thanks Barry!

I don't think she was overly sharpe on the day she's just got some amazing grunt for a small saw! Modding it was the best thing I've done! She's a little gem and I love her. ;)

SRT really does come into its own in a reduction situation. Nothing else comes close! I could not go back to limb walking again :)

Cheers bro,

I know there long but o like to think showing a decent perspective I what I'm doing! Hopefully may relieve my camera shyness :D

Haha thanks dude I got piss wet through :D

Hahaha love you mate

Duel line base anchor on this one mate, fair size to the tips around 85 ish. Needed the extra rope to make me able to finish my last redirects naturally. I'm on form at the minute re reductions most growth points are just screaming at me. There are a few that require a little more thought lol :)

Thanks buddy very kind words :)

Hahaha cheers joe I won't forget that next time it happens! If I catch it on film I'll be sure to post it ;)

Hahaha you know I'm good :D

This is why you use me ;)

Love you James your a good lad :)

If it helps I caught a lovely clip of me clipping my rope with my topper on rundown yesterday on my nice rotten acacia takedown!