Winching

Robbyrasta

I would be nervous of any winching ops that did not use a ground anchor/spades.

Maybe consider something like this if ground conditions permit and just rest the machines arm on it for extra piece of mind.

Bob

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=186349&stc=1&d=1437226631

389994d1335834840-homebrew-winch-anchor-platform-pics-img_0381.jpg.786e0916a9fb46151bfe73898e61aa26.jpg

I would be nervous of any winching ops that did not use a ground anchor/spades.

Maybe consider something like this if ground conditions permit and just rest the machines arm on it for extra piece of mind.

Bob

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=186349&stc=1&d=1437226631

Hi BOB we had one here I get it off a ARB talker off roader it was made by DEVON 4x4 thanks Jon

With the weather we are having this summer I have used a Jcb micro 1000kg, as an anchor for access to a few jobs, saves tearing the hell out of the ground, just drop the blade full depth and hook Landrover on to top of blade with a bridle and off you go, straight pull winch only, no probs! Digger settles in by a few inches only..... Pull angle is about 35 degrees uphill...

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk while dossing!

With the weather we are having this summer I have used a Jcb micro 1000kg, as an anchor for access to a few jobs, saves tearing the hell out of the ground, just drop the blade full depth and hook Landrover on to top of blade with a bridle and off you go, straight pull winch only, no probs! Digger settles in by a few inches only..... Pull angle is about 35 degrees uphill...

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk while dossing!

Hi sand fitted that winch yet mate thanks Jon

Question-

Would you use part of a mini digger (2.5ton) for an anchor point for a redirect?

(Operator not sat in the seat)

Small larch poles

Tractor mounted winch- 8 ton pull

I'd just treat it as a mobile tree? Place blade in direction of pull and drive reasonably into the ground without flicking the turf over.

Place a suitable strop around the base of the slew ring turret which is round/flat/and smooth to prevent any damage, and a better place for loading than anywhere on the arm/linkage.

A chain can also be utilised, and thread it through some layflat pump delivery hose to provide a protective sleeve against chain rash on the machine.

If you want to provide a bit more bite without any real issues, then slew the excavator around 180 and bury the bucket in.

Any pull will be going through the arm as it normally would digging then.

Reverse out and the turf should drop back with only a small line left as evidence.

A reliable anchor I'd say, but as everything just don't go crazy!

Eddie.