TR6 or 540i?

QuattroKev

About to buy my first chipper, going for a tracked machine.

Its down to a choice of a TR6 with 500 hours or a 540i with 1000 hours

Both come with the same trailer and cost within a few £100 of each other

(£19000 ish all in)

I did think that going for a bigger diameter was what I wanted, but the Forst is a very nice bit of kit. I want to be desirable as a subby man and chipper combo while business is still building,

Any thoughts?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(£19000 ish all in)

I did think that going for a bigger diameter was what I wanted, but the Forst is a very nice bit of kit. I want to be desirable as a subby man and chipper combo while business is still building,

Any thoughts?

Triumph and BMW ?

(£19000 ish all in)

Any thoughts?

That's a serious first chipper!! Good on u! We've had both, good machines. Jensen will out perform the forst mostly because the hopper is so much bigger but the forst is still quick. Are they the same age machines? Any warrantee?

That's a serious first chipper!! Good on u! We've had both, good machines. Jensen will out perform the forst mostly because the hopper is so much bigger but the forst is still quick. Are they the same age machines? Any warrantee?

Similar ages, the Jensen is slightly older I think, Forst comes with a full on 12 month warranty, the Jensen has one too but they manufacture Forst so back their product more.

I have used various machines, and regularly hire a timber wolf 150, no point doing things by half, I want something that will last and won't let me down.

It has how ever blown my budget for a decent tipper, been using a l200 with a mini box until now

Similar ages, the Jensen is slightly older I think, Forst comes with a full on 12 month warranty, the Jensen has one too but they manufacture Forst so back their product more.

I have used various machines, and regularly hire a timber wolf 150, no point doing things by half, I want something that will last and won't let me down.

It has how ever blown my budget for a decent tipper, been using a l200 with a mini box until now

were are u based

Unless you really need slightly bigger capacity I'd have the forst. Well thought out machines, lots of features that in my opinion are better than the jensen, much better hours, and 12 month forst warrantee from redwoods is worth a lot. Would they really offer same warrantee on the jensen? We've had lots of machines off redwoods and they always been good as gold but never been offered a 12 month warrantee on used jensen. Good luck with what ever u decide!