Pecontools!

Peter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The machine was being used exacrtly as it was supposed to be used, infact there was no extra loading involved.

The machine developed an hydraulic fault and tipped from 45ft. Me and my passenger survived the fall by shear luck of landing in a privet hedge.

My passenger, first time in a mewp, earned himself three broken ribs, a broken foot and head injuries.

Me, being made of tree surgeon material suffered no more than whip lash across my chest. Hard B@stards that we are.

Two years of legal wrangling, it is all sorted now.

I still have the machine and still use it, **** myself each time but hey what the hell.

The machine was being used exacrtly as it was supposed to be used, infact there was no extra loading involved.

The machine developed an hydraulic fault and tipped from 45ft. Me and my passenger survived the fall by shear luck of landing in a privet hedge.

My passenger, first time in a mewp, earned himself three broken ribs, a broken foot and head injuries.

Me, being made of tree surgeon material suffered no more than whip lash across my chest. Hard B@stards that we are.

Two years of legal wrangling, it is all sorted now.

I still have the machine and still use it, **** myself each time but hey what the hell.

:scared:definitely going to stick to my bit of rope!

Where I hire from they used to hire out the Octopussy mewps, one day I was enquiring about buying one and they showed me one out the back where some guy was doing some guttering on his house and the welds on the extending boom broke and the basket dropped but was held by the hydraulic hoses. The guy wasn't hurt luckily but I wouldnt touch a cheep Italian mewp with a barge pole.

Where I hire from they used to hire out the Octopussy mewps, one day I was enquiring about buying one and they showed me one out the back where some guy was doing some guttering on his house and the welds on the extending boom broke and the basket dropped but was held by the hydraulic hoses. The guy wasn't hurt luckily but I wouldnt touch a cheep Italian mewp with a barge pole.

Thing is with hired mewps you don't know how they have been used, some muppet may of been craning big bits with it causing the welds to fail.

I've used a few octopussy mewps they are good machines but i've had a few break down on me. poor maintenance maybe, or just plain unreliable?