ART Ropeguide

Arran Turner

None here. The only negatives you are likely to hear is that it gets stuck a lot. In my experience though that is down to poor placement. Mine hardly every gets stuck. Its just a case of planning ahead a little. For example with Lime trees, it is more than likely going to get stuck.

None here. The only negatives you are likely to hear is that it gets stuck a lot. In my experience though that is down to poor placement. Mine hardly every gets stuck. Its just a case of planning ahead a little. For example with Lime trees, it is more than likely going to get stuck.

How do you retrieve yours Steve? Throwline? Or just let it drop?

I've got an old DIY pulleysaver that's looking a bit, err, ropey, because the pulley has taken a few hard whacks.

I've just ordered a new pulley and some tenex and am gonna splice myself a new one. Cost about £60 in materials and takes less than an hour.

I just let it drop. Its extremely rare for it to take a big drop, most of the time it drops over several branches before hitting the ground. I know technically it should be lowered but to be honest I can't be arsed!

Same here, I've had mine for 2 years before my RIG is battered enough to be worrying.

One for sale on treebay now. Get one, it makes the world of difference especially with a sj. I seem to remember you climb on a sj?

Yeh correct I'm on the SJ and probably will be forever :001_smile: I'm currently using a DIY cambium saver with a pinto on one side and a ring on the other, but went up a tree on just a pulley the other day and there is such a noticeable difference still. I think it mades sense to run art with art.

glad reviews are positive