Another is this a scam question

John Hughes

Ifor Williams Car Trailer Tiltbed 3.5 Tonne on eBay (end time 23-Aug-09 20:00:00 BST)

Seems a bit too good to be true.

Why would anyone put a high value item on a 3 day listing?

Why take it to a hillside to take photos?

I have asked if he has the original receipt and serial no. but he has not replied yet.

It's too far away from me to go and view.

What do you think? The Land Rover he is also selling looks OK

John

I don't know, but is arbtalk really the place to discuss and accuse people of sellling nicked gear? imo you should have called the seller, and if you smelt something wasn't quite right contacted the police and ebay..........

This site isn't Crimestoppers............

Edited by Lee Winger

Where is the accusation of selling nicked gear???

Asking the opinion of others is what this forum is for, no?

i would agree with rupe , the thread is in the chat forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at the end of the day its your call, i wouldnt want to see a fellow arb ripped off

i would agree with rupe , the thread is in the chat forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at the end of the day its your call, i wouldnt want to see a fellow arb ripped off

Is he a fellow arb or car dealer - you wont get much chip on it?

I think its good posting suspicious sales on here, if I had my gear robbed and it ended up on fleabay I'd want someone to question it or bring attention to it someone may recognise it and give the heads up. If the stuff is legit then the guy wont have anything to be concearned about will he!

IMO there is far too many guys getting saws, chippers, equipment etc. stolen and this less chance these criminal get of reselling it the better, and if they get caught in the process then happy days! :001_smile:

Hi everybody have a look at the link above, this is the Tim Dilworth who is selling the trailer and LR90. I know him and can vouch for him, he's also married to Rachel Simmonite, of the simmonite LR empire.

Hope this helps

p.s, don't try to race him either as he's bloody fast !!!