Chipper costing per hour.

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you work out how much you've probaly spent hiring a chipper over a period of time, you might be shocked on how much you have spent, i would defenetly buy one it would save you money in the long run, just make sure it aint had to many hours use and make sure you service it often

Thanks Lads for you replies.

If saying that your 10k chipper is treated like a baby and therefore good for 1000hours (£10) then add fuel per hour (£1.50), blade sharpening every 25/30 plus and allowance for unexpected issues then perhaps £25/30 per hour is reasonable to allow in your pricing.

I am pricing per HOUR of USE alone.

Down time is of no issue to me as if I had £10k and it was in the bank invested it would only 5 would be worth only 5% max after 5 years currently.

I would NEVER hire out my chipper without its operator as I have seen what hirers do to machines and it pains me to watch/take part in this abuse.

Sorry, I'm a bit correct at times.

£200 is cheap for a man plus chipper. Brandons charge £120 plus vat plus £5 sharpening, fuel added to bill. I'd say £300 is nearer the mark, if its chipper + operater + disposal.

More like it mate, would just add like Matt Buzz says, never hire without operator:cool1:

stay away from timber wolf ( bearing weekly part of a service )

do you have anything factual to base your statement on ????:angry:

i have a tw190 and other than the usual stuff that is expaected on a chiper i have not had any trouble with it , it recently had its 500 hour service and all that was required was new bottom feed roler bushes which after 500 hrs of use is expectable !!! i am now selling it as i am changing the way that we work .

what is it that you use for a chiper ??

If you have 10k to spend I would go for a six inch Machine

I have a five inch timber wolf which i find is a very good chipper

But with the extra horse power of the 6" machine it puts a lot less strain on everything

and this should make the machine last a lot longer

My 5" machine works out at about £25 per houre to run

If you have 10k to spend I would go for a six inch Machine

I have a five inch timber wolf which i find is a very good chipper

But with the extra horse power of the 6" machine it puts a lot less strain on everything

and this should make the machine last a lot longer

My 5" machine works out at about £25 per houre to run

nope he should buy my 7.5 inch chipper :001_tt2::thumbup: