Chipper costing per hour.

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Should I eventually buy a chipper, say a TW125 Petrol for around 10k.

Around how much per hour should I allow for the running costs/investment etc...

Regards

You going to run that in France? How is parts availibilty and sourcing blades anvils/getting them sharpened etc?

When out in Germany a lot of the small outfits didn't have chippers, just trucks towing big trailers far more usefull if your work is divided up with works other than trees. They had well porganised yardds and would either burn the brash or have it biomass chipped every so often. All the cord was processed for firewood.

What i'm getting at is how usefull an investment would a 5-10k chipper be for you in your market? In the U.K a chipper is essential, my experience of Europe a chipper is less an essential item.

I,d base it on your work schedule and estimated usage....

cost

depriciation

hours per week used

self service or contract service schedule (local dealer-worksop can put this together)

Time saved

extra work capability

cost of local blade sharpening

also lots of really good deals to be made at the moment so barter and look at ex-demo models.

Also look at free extended warranties and service arrangements with the dealer and a fixed price trade in after 3 years or Xnumber of hours on machine.

We have got a offer of 12 000 plus vat on new machines with 3 years warrenty, including free replacment machine delivered on breakdowns and repairs and free blade sharpening for the 3 years....

So its worth asking

Is that per hour of it running, i.e. by what it says on the clock?

Yes Rupe running time.

I never run my chipper unnecesarily, I stack and chip whenever possible, to me a chipper with nothing going through it is a waste of fuel and as I have said before, to me it is like sitting at a red light in your car with your foot on the throttle :001_smile:

I never run my chipper unnecesarily, I stack and chip whenever possible, to me a chipper with nothing going through it is a waste of fuel and as I have said before, to me it is like sitting at a red light in your car with your foot on the throttle :001_smile:

And extra wear on components :thumbdown: