Ticks

Two Acres

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a good pair of fine nosed tweezers - grab the ticks neck close to the skin and pull straight away from the skin. The tick feeding is no problem, it's when they finish and upchuck before detaching or from not removing cleanly that you get infected. I live in the woods and this is several times a day on me, the missus, dog cat etc

Get a good pair of fine nosed tweezers - grab the ticks neck close to the skin and pull straight away from the skin. The tick feeding is no problem, it's when they finish and upchuck before detaching or from not removing cleanly that you get infected. I live in the woods and this is several times a day on me, the missus, dog cat etc

Thanks Chopper - good advice. I will do as you say. Just goes to show the nonsense you find on the net. I looked online this morning to see how to get it out and I read that you should put soap on cotton wool and rub it with that, so I did. It was a tiny one, not seen them before. Only ever the big ones on dogs and cats. When the cats had them I've put the vaseline on,I thought that worked. When I was a kid my Dad used to put a flame on the ones the dog got. Looks like those are all bad ideas.

I always put the pulled tick on a clean sheet of white paper.

Ideally they should be intact and mobile.

Crush them quick, though, and make sure the splatter is contained.

One of the only living creatures I have a genuine revulsion of and loathing for.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk