Chris Evans get the top job at top gear What do you all think

mendiplogs

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the guy. Watched tgi Friday; but never liked Chris nor his technique.

I know he's a massive Ferrari collector but that doesn't wash with me.

I think a fresh start would be better. I'd rather watch new presenters who love cars, petrol etc. Guy Martin would get my vote.

I'll probably watch the show regardless, but whether I'll enjoy it, remains to be seen.

Not looking forward to the smug ginger tosser.

I don't like the guy. Watched tgi Friday; but never liked Chris nor his technique.

I know he's a massive Ferrari collector but that doesn't wash with me.

I think a fresh start would be better. I'd rather watch new presenters who love cars, petrol etc. Guy Martin would get my vote.

I'll probably watch the show regardless, but whether I'll enjoy it, remains to be seen.

Not looking forward to the smug ginger tosser.

HI TREE GUY MARTIN very good mate may be he will one of the team thanks Jon

What remains to be seen is if Jeremy really was the main draw. For me, it was. I don't know if hiring big names will work.

They either have to reinvent the show, or just find replacements.

For me I watch fast and loud, wheeler dealers, and fifth gear. I think Tiff is a hoot, and the show could give top gear a run for its money.

I'm more interested to see what Clarkson does. I don't have net flicks but I guess it will be rolled out on other channels.

I find Richard Hammond annoying on tg, I know he plays the part; but when he's himself ie driving and discussing a car- he's first class. But as a clown I'm just not interested. James May is ok, but I think Clarkson was the real talent.

The Stig (is it Ben Collins) was interviewed recently on Irish radio. He said Oisin was a gentleman. But he also said Top Gear was out long before JC and that it would continue as it had a very talented young crew. I'd agree, but out of all the talent out there, looking at young and old racing legends; Olympians, there must be talents far more capable than Chris Evans.

What's the name of the Scottish comedian? Kevin Bridges watching him is a hoot, and hearing him test high end cars would be epic!!

Hi all what do you all think then Chris Evans it's the top job as the top man at top gear with possibly Suzi Perry into and Jodie Kidd what do you all think thanks John

Yeh... I think it'll be okay.

With the BBC generally, it's all about the programme and not the personalities (Strictly/Breakfast/One show have all replaced their main presenters at one time or another without losing ratings) although TG might prove to be the exception.

If they keep the format more or less the same, then if they get the co-presenters right so that they play off each other well then it'll be a go-er.

Not sure who it could be, but I'd definitely like to see one of the following;

Guy Martin,

Suzie Perry,

Idris Elba,

Jodie Kidd

I posted a thread about Alan Partridge being the host a while ago, but I reckon I'll throw Steve Coogan into the mix too.

He's apparently a bit of a petrol head and might make a good Hammond replacement as he's quite capable of playing a slightly foolish version of himself (see 'The Trip') but could also do a decent serious report on his own.

I think they'll go for Boy/Girl/Boy.