Tree motion shoulder straps?

Dobson89

I've got a treeflex and have thought about getting the top parts which in effect turn it into a full body harness suitable for MEWP, but they want nearly £100.

I use a simple strimmer shoulder belt to short clip the saw to with the end of the lanyard connected to harness as failsafe or if I want to let it hang.

Otherwise its pulling my harness down especially when climbing through stuff. Probably don't help now my waist to hip ratio is not what it was.

So here we go:

I dug around in the bottom if my bag today and beneath the sawdust I found my shoulder straps.

This time I actually took the time to fit them properly. It's actually pretty comfy, even without a big saw, just climbing around.

The TM is a great harness but if you're a skinny arsed white boy like me then is slides down pretty easy. Worse when you're on a stem. I have my saddle slung low anyway. The straps don't really impede movement, but the harness stays where it should be.

The thing is, once it's on, it's on. I can't imagine taking it off and putting it on for big jobs. Too much faff. I reckon I'll leave it on and see how I get on with it. Got a 100' Beech to heavily reduce coming up so that'll be a good test.

Where do you get the shoulder straps from? my TM didnt come with any, only had mine since the arb show and am very pleased with it. but did find the 66 pulling it down the other day, funny that :001_tt2:

Doesn't come with them. I bought mine from a member on here, no way was I paying the 60 quid they want new for some webbing, plastic buckles and an aluminium ring!