quite an eventful day, hope tomorrows not the same.

s.varty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll find room for steve,

we have visiters come up from the smoke and step out of their cars and inhale some fresh air and say how can you tear youself away from here, to which i say i never said i never did!! But after a few days of walking up the riverside to the waterfall having picnics etc, i sense they couldnt live here, they would miss the live football matches, bingo halls, theatre, etc, .. not to mention frightened of the cows, and little opertunity's for youngsters, basically dont come here to get rich but come for a quality of life.

We'll find room for steve,

we have visiters come up from the smoke and step out of their cars and inhale some fresh air and say how can you tear youself away from here, to which i say i never said i never did!! But after a few days of walking up the riverside to the waterfall having picnics etc, i sense they couldnt live here, they would miss the live football matches, bingo halls, theatre, etc, .. not to mention frightened of the cows, and little opertunity's for youngsters, basically dont come here to get rich but come for a quality of life.

Paradise mate hope you realise how lucky you are

We got broken into in april,There was dna on a roof sheet were one of the theives cut there hand,(sadly not badly) and cctv footage of them taking our stuff,Police came and told us they knew who they were,But they were travellers so probably wouldnt catch them,!!!,I understand the police have a hard job etc etc ,But i came away from the whole thing thinking how bloody useless the whole system realy is

Sorry to hear that Steve. Im worried about my shed, security virtually nil - chinese padlock but tbh if you pulled the door hard it would probably come away from the frame....No gate.

Have been thinking about an under-floor stash for the more valuable gear, saws power tools etc (shed is wooden, on blocks) and keep a few dummy saws and tools lying around as decoys..

Either that or a trapdoor opening onto a man-size pit just inside the door. Bit harder to engineer though.

Just rigged up my iphone to a Maplin security system "Sentient" with face recognition and email warnings. It runs for something like 40 days continuously but to save trawling through the whole period, when you review it comes up with a red line to show an event and you can then examine what happened either side of the event.

Eight cameras and can see what is going on anywhere you have an internet connection. £400 seems to be a good investment.

A cheaper solution I think I mentioned on here before.

We had an electrician called Richard back in the 1970s and he told us about a farmer who had been burgled three times in his workshop and decided to do something about it.

Richard called in some time later and asked the farmer if he had come up with anything.

The farmer said "Follow me" so they went into the small room which leads to the workshop and out of the ceiling there was a massive cable as thick as your arm going down to the door handle, with the copper wire wound round the handle. The farmer had also nicked one of those DANGER 33,000 VOLTS signs off one of the pylons which he had nailed to the door.

Richard stood aghast "You can't do that, you'll kill someone, it's totally illegal"

Farmer "It is not connected to anything above the ceiling........but would you open that door!!!"