Just curious what everyone would quote for this

arbormonkey

Good for you, I do the same.

However to suggest (as you did earlier) that some clients are not looking for the cheapest price is ridiculous.

If that's how it was wrote it's a mistake I would not be stupid enough( some May differ) to think that. :001_smile:

I recently had a middle age couple in a 600k house tell me how they were surviving on there pension since retrieving one a scientist the other a head teacher and could not afford to spend much having there yew tree shaped. I gave them a price they gasped I bid them good day and told them I hope to retire at 55 that's and the price reflects that some May think it's harsh but I've got better things to. :sneaky2:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think all customers are just looking for the cheapest quote. Some are but not all. Some may go for large companies that have been established for a long time and are well known - these companies may be charging more that 2 man outfits who have only been going for year or two. They are probably equally capable of doing the job to the same standard but the customer feels more comfortable using a well know firm and is happy to pay extra. Other customers may prefer using one or two man bands. Some customers will only get the one quote and go with your quote because they feel its a reasonable price, have had good recommendations, like who you are etc etc.

My pet hate is when the customer doesn't reply to your quotation email, all they have to do is acknowledge that they recieved it through! After a day or do I email again ensuring that they have recieved it, but still sometimes they ignore you 😡

I agree its annoying when you dont get a response from a quote but then again do you email back when you get quotes for work, vehicles etc? My normal approach is if I haven't heard back with a few days I will give a quick call or email to see if they got the quote and had any thoughts on it.

You win some, you lose some. Tbh I don't really want a response if they don't want me to do it (I'll only chase if it's a complex quote or I went a long way out of my way)

I assume I was too expensive or they just don't like me. Or, as happened on one Sunday morning after a heavy session and the clocks had changed, they weren't impressed with me falling over on their lawn, clearly still drunk.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

You win some, you lose some. Tbh I don't really want a response if they don't want me to do it. I'll only chase if it's a complex quote or I went a long way out of my way)

I assume I was too expensive or they just don't like me. Or, as happened on one Sunday morning after a heavy session and the clocks had changed, they weren't impressed with me falling over on their lawn, clearly still drunk.

Im glad im not the only one then Mick its when you can't remember quoting and they except you need to start worrying

You win some, you lose some. Tbh I don't really want a response if they don't want me to do it (I'll only chase if it's a complex quote or I went a long way out of my way)

That shouldn't really be funny Mick, but it's hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk