Blown engine on Iveco?

benedmonds

That price you've been quoted seems well over the top for both replacement engine & the rebuild price is tro the roof

As your already well in to the truck with the body & clutch you'd be better of getting a complete 2nd hand engine to drop in & should cost you £1000 top wack & 150/250 to have fitted plus oil n filters

Then you have spare pump, injectors, turbo, etc for spares

Rebuild the current engine £4000 (12 month warranty)

Shouldn't be paying anything like that; more accuracy required ref what the "rebuild" actually entails. New short block let alone existing with crank, rods, pistons, liners etc, cam ream bore, head pressure test, valves blah blah blah should be nowt like £4k.

"Blown engine" - don't get fobbed off with that term in isolation.

What exactly is a blown engine? Bent con rod with cylinder damage, interference up top etc etc?

I am just a tree man.. I don't like the dirty oily bits when they don't work.. Luckily my business partner deals with that side of the business. I will pass on your advise thanks.