self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

I'm pretty sure the hopper is full of kit in that photo, the weight isn't too much, its just that it presses in the wrong place, i.e. not on the drive wheels of the grinder. If you sat on the hopper end it would lift the weight off the jokey wheel but not really add any to the grinder wheels.

A client of mine has recently bought a small tracked mewp called a Leguan.

Leguan Lifts Oy - Leguan 125 series

It has a large jockey wheel which raises and lowers so that you can jack the machine up and turn it on the spot with only the driving end of the tracks in contact with the ground ( like wheels) without pulling up grass or slabs or marking the surface.

I've not seen it in operation but if it works like its supposed to, something similar could be fitted to a chipper.

IMO its overkill for a tracked chipper, just drive carefully and use a board or two if you have to.

One 8x4 rips down to four 8x1 boards which is all you need or would want to carry. :001_smile:

I replied but lost during the switch.

Get a mini! LOADS of uses.... here's a couple perfect examples. No access for my chip truck, but the 1500lb mini brought the 5000lb chipper into the backyard to blow chips on the hill.

Another job below...I didn't want to drive the chip truck all over their lawn, so the mini brought the chipper to the tree!

597654786c4ca_8-14-09003.JPG.46693f366c74bfea842d855d54652a4c.JPG

5976547869ad5_8-17-09001.JPG.ec31646084461bfe34e1470bbf52d41a.JPG

i thought i would bump this, we had over 100 posts just before steves dooms day change over, i am really keen to see one of these chippers in action. does anyone here have one or used one of these models in the video that can give me some input. i know justin deals in them now which is great news as we know how he runs a tight ship, he said he might be able to get one to the show next week aswell. cheers justin that would be great mate

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn1seCGG1xw]YouTube - Jo Beau M500 pro-chipper / woodchipper[/ame]

There is a new chipper on the way as well should be here end October ish.

I have been told that this will go up against to big Jo Beau but cost a little less.

tun.jpg.202ce4abc49b2c17a7ba74d32cf70f75.jpg

GARDEN-MASTER GM10

This is the latest machine to be developed and launched by the German chipper manufacture Tunnissen.

We are expecting to have a retail price of £7,950.00 plus vat.

(Subject to exchange rate conditions)

SPECIFICATION

Chipping Capacity: 10cm

Engine: 15hp Kohler

Feed Rollers: 2 x Hydraulically Driven

Feed Roller Width: 20cm

Cutting System: Disc System with 2 Blades

No Stress Device: Fitted As Standard

Drive System: Hydraulic Wheel Drive

Weight: 470KG

Machine Width: 80cm

• 2 weeks later...

i went for the greenmech, it was cost that sealed the deal and it really can chip. thanks for taking your wee chipper to the show justin, but i felt the greenmech was a better machine, although after trying to push it about my hilly yard today i think i will try and get it onto a small lawnmower chasis. thanks again to peteb for a great deal and such propmpt service:thumbup:

5976548b01b89_newweechipper013.jpg.e3b0e44420731848a1750bafef2d2aca.jpg

5976548af0ec1_newchipper.jpg.4ed04ec4b793596edde0004d6fa6586f.jpg

Edited by Stephen Blair

Ha was so hooked on that model, had PeteB and crew shoving some decent 4"dia stuff through it no probs, great discharge into the back of the truck too. But in the end I went on advice from those who have used the Jo-Beau, but its too close to call for me. have you got it dirty yet Stevie?

if you dare send me your mobile andy i could send you a video of it chipping some sycamore mate

the self propelled jobeax looks amazing, there was a huge difference in the wee one of justins to the greenmech, but it does need some powered wheels on the hills, or 2 guys shoving. its because of the angle you push it at, you are pushing straight down rather than along, i reckon a rope and handle from the front will make a world of diference with someone else helping. it will be really easy around paths and concrete though. but as i said before, budget won hands down this time, if it works out to be the future then i may spend more on a similar unit mate

Edited by Stephen Blair