self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

Well how about that for a post resurrection. I remember studying this thread in minute detail before purchasing my greenmech cs100.

After buying it i wished i hadnt. Rivets fell off, bolts sheared that were holding the blades on, it went through belts like crazy, and other niggles.

I rang them up and told them, they came and swapped the cassette for a new one as it was vibrating a lot, and its been a much better chipper since. Less belts, no things falling off.

I WAS dissapointed with their customer service - ive calmed down since - but more so that of their dealer. In all honesty if their dealer hadnt have been how he was id have looked on the bright side of greenmech itself a lot easier. As time has passed and my temperature cooled i can see it from the greenmech side as well as my own. I was used to the timberwolf i had which was built like a tank and i wasnt used to having to tighten belts so i was slightly affronted having to tighten them regularly after not doing so with my timberwolf once for a year and a half! (Greenmech messed up because you cant tighten the belt all the way to the stopper or even close due to the belt housing being too tight which is a pain. The demo machine was smoking like crazy because of this). If i could have bought from F R jones like i originally wanted to im sure things would have been sweet.

Would i have bought Jo beau this time around? Well, id have taken up their dealers offer of a trip to the jo beau factory in europeland (Yes, really - the new dealer had just taken over and pushed the boat out for me) to see the m300/400/500, and i just might have plumped for the m500. The greenmechs eject spout is bloody good and high, i think thats where the jo beau might fall down. But th m500's opening is huge and goes straight down the side, narrowing a bit up and down at the end, i suspect it would be unbeatable for twisty stuff.

But for the price difference, a cs100 from fr jones would be tough to beat. It makes me money, saves me time and sweat, and doesnt cost much as far as these things go.

Any questions, ask away.

Do you mean the tp100 here -

http://www.tpwoodchippers.co.uk/pdfs/TP_100_MOBILEeng.pdf

I dont get it -why dont they make it with wheels on it? Seems a missed opportunity. The drum on that seems narrower than the greenmech and the hopper would be annoying like the timberwolf. I dont see why you'd go for that one.

If i was going exotic and didnt mind a bit of extra width id go for this one;

GardenMaster? Concept | TS Industrie

R T Machinery - Welcome

Do you mean the tp100 here -

http://www.tpwoodchippers.co.uk/pdfs/TP_100_MOBILEeng.pdf

I dont get it -why dont they make it with wheels on it? Seems a missed opportunity. The drum on that seems narrower than the greenmech and the hopper would be annoying like the timberwolf. I dont see why you'd go for that one.

If i was going exotic and didnt mind a bit of extra width id go for this one;

GardenMaster? Concept | TS Industrie

R T Machinery - Welcome

That's the tunnissen one see thread "The Wee Chipper Club".

The TP does come on wheels. New version has better hopper I've heard.

Linddana---TP-18-PS-Benzin-Motor-Trommelhacker-TP-100----bis-10-cm---3-Rad-1082562.jpg.9a08a322795c2360ce0620d56943e73a.jpg

Linddana---TP-18-PS-Benzin-Motor-Trommelhacker-TP-100----bis-10-cm---3-Rad-1082561.jpg.e14cdf70d1a6dabdfc1d9c6a9ee342c0.jpg

cool, vertical spout might cause problems, hope not, i love tp products

It chips as good as the axled one here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVtjv5nVcGM]TP 100 MOBILE wood chipper - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNsG4qNJ_Dk]TP 100 MOBILE 20km/h - YouTube[/ame]