self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

Hi -

Just to let you know something i heard, Tunnisen are releasing a backgarden chipper with hydraulic infeed at a price about a couple of grand below the m500. I assume they are going to be self propelled but haven't been told yet.

Personally i cant wait - my tw75 is ok for straight stuff but it has its limitations and ragging it around on bad ground isn't fun. Ill have to save up for a bit though. .

How did you get the ton bag to stay upright to start with. I often use fencing stakes, but they don't work on concrete...........

curl all the corners round and roll the sides back over. you can see in the video how the chip comes out when the shoot is aimed down. and as it fills push all the stuff into the corners and around the edge, then just keep pulling it up, once it is half full the sides will just stay open:thumbup1:

I have done some sums, Stevie, and reckon that machine will have paid for itself by this time next week! Great thinking outside the box mate.

Saw it at the Game Fair and was impressed. It seemed to be as beefy as the Timberwolf TW18/100 in performance, but with the tight access capability.

Mini plant trailer is extra, though. £800?

just get a quad trailer, about 400 quid qithout the high sides. or just put it in the back of the transit mate, 2 guys could lift it in. i have 2.5k worth of work for her next week over 5 days. i reckon she will work approx 3 hrs a day at the jobs. i had priced in a tracked tw for these jobs, it would of been really messy, and too big for the job, but it was my only option at the time. now its going to be so much easier and less hassle.

the thing with the whole 'gypo' theory is, it is only arbfolk that feel this way, we give ourselves an awful lot of extra work feeling like we are super heros and it is against the law not to work unless you have a 3 man squad, all wearing stein gear and footlocking into a 20foot cherry tree. i worked all day yesterday in my shorts. it was great, the customer thought nothing of this, i have worked for her for 11 years, they even came out especially to see the little chipper in action. they couldnt believe my small invoice, they were expecting to pay a lot more. and the lady today works in IT from the house, what does she know about the world of ARB, one minute the pesky pita tree was there, after lunch it was gone all satacked up and 50 quid off her original estimate and she was delighted with me and the job. so happy days:thumbup:

That is such a great point mate, Mrs Miggens Knows very little, i know when i got rid of my Ram 10" chipper and got the camon 5" it was only myself that felt it was inadequate as people are still amazed there is a machine regardless of size that munches up the branches, really inspiring posts mate and you must be on a percentage cut from greenmech for any new ones they sell:sneaky2::001_tt2:

those 2 horrible golden conifers went through aswell, you know how thick and crappy they are and the bigonias got it too, and it gave me some more room forhte extra chip. the big surface root is huge, biggest i have seen for a tree that size. it isnt beechgrove garden but they are redooing the front anyway:001_cool:

59765494d540c_weechipper3006.jpg.bd68b5999f391c84e780b421ca41cacb.jpg