self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

Nice work Rich i liked how you used the chips. How do they chip wet leylandii/privet do they not get choked up with being so small? my camon sometimes gets choked although i put a pipe on the shute and hook the blower up to it the leaf is soaked that gives it extra blast

Nice work Rich i liked how you used the chips. How do they chip wet leylandii/privet do they not get choked up with being so small? my camon sometimes gets choked although i put a pipe on the shute and hook the blower up to it the leaf is soaked that gives it extra blast

Cheer Robert, not sure on the leylandii or privet, only used it the once on v. dead elder. I am sure that little shrek fella or Andy Collins will provide more info once they have used theirs.

i chipped big lenghts of privette yesterday, did it with ease, the secret with small chippers when chipping greenery is making use of the next pieces woody bit, just as the chipper hits the green stuff stick in the next bit of stuff, the chips carry the green. likw all these things, its all in the operator. i could of sold mine tonight to a landscaper/builder friend, he usually has to call me to drag up a monster chipper just for a crappy wee hedge or bushes. 60 quid a day hire and it is his, he said no bother. sweet. he is a one man band aswell and really looks after his stuff, so no worries there

cheers man, sounds like they have a place in the tool box, yep do that trick with the green but today i had 8" off a hedge with very little wood just green and it was wet!!!

Are these small chippers drum chippers?

i can see a real advantage for a lot of my work with one of these.

atree,I thought Id add, that in the situation(very limited access,backyards) that these fellas bought their S P chippers for,that I reckon they would be great....Otherwise size does count.

Edited by coolie
missing word