Isuzu Grafter

simonm

My 04 transit has got to the point where it is costing too much to run! this morning the fuel pump has packed in and is sat broke down on my drive!

It has being a good van but i wouldn't buy another, especially the new shape ones, i like the new Isuzu Grafter and have been to look at a new 1, what are they like to run?

800.jpg.079f21bee065fc04b90858f654efe06a.jpg

IMO the best option for tree work. The large engine pulls like a train and the gearing of them makes towing easy. They are essentially little trucks and not vans as Ian said. We have two of them, one is an 06 and the other is a 63 plate.

If you can get the twin wheel n35 150bhp version. Our newer one is also the wide cab version so takes three blokes and kit easier. The only downside I would say is that servicing is dearer than things like transits as you are paying truck rates at the dealer but I wouldn't let that put you off. If I were starting up tomorrow I would search for an isuzu as I don't think they can be beaten

This is a really interesting thread.

As I've mentioned on other threads the constant frustration with transits/LDV etc.. Getting more and more flimsy with each new upgrade. (I hate to think what the new transits will perform/look like when they are over 5 yrs old). We not long ago bought a single cab transit 02 with ally high sides and 5t springs. It's a reasonable truck but at 90ps it's gutless. We also run a mog and a fiat cargo for quotes etc...

When the time comes to renew the tranny we will definitely be looking at the Isuzu.

image.jpg.47cd01f4091f1a813f5527b0d8b76531.jpgI was in a similar position with my 04 plate transit it was reliable enough but I fancied a change I went for a cabstar swb (60 plate with 25k)which I have to say I am very happy with. I looked at isuzu but there weren't many for sale or I wasn t quick enough.

Since getting it had the body done, heavy duty springs fitted and these tyres

Eurovan Winter

It's a fantastic little truck now highly recommend and worth looking at. They can also tow 3.5ton.