Jcb 525-58 help

Bentonarb

I have an old jcb 525-58 which I use for loading woodchip .

Recently it has start loosing power when under load . It is fine driving around but as soon as you get any resistance against the machine or use the hydraulics you loose all power almost to the point of stalling .

I have had the machine serviced and the fuel pump cleaned but it still a problem .

Any ideas would be great .

Thanks

Graham

I have an old jcb 525-58 which I use for loading woodchip .

Recently it has start loosing power when under load . It is fine driving around but as soon as you get any resistance against the machine or use the hydraulics you loose all power almost to the point of stalling .

I have had the machine serviced and the fuel pump cleaned but it still a problem .

Any ideas would be great .

Thanks

Graham

I think there is a small gauze under a cover on the lift pump 10mm spanner. They block all the time if there is any muck in the tank. My old 1984 525 is terrible for getting pints of dirty water in the funl tank every few years. I think it must puddle on the top and leak in or gets in through the lock on the fuel cap must sort it one day. I would loosen the pipe on the fuel filter and pump the lift pump to make sure you have a good flow. If it has a turbo have a look there next.

As Steve has said really,sounds fuel related,these machines always seam to get crap in the fuel tanks,I'd look there first take the pipe off the tank and check the flow. It's also worth inspecting the fuel lines to the engine, after a while they soften up and can collapse and get pinched between other hoses. Then check lift pump gauze and that it's working correctly then filter.

If it smokes heavily as it dies it's more likely air starved ie blocked air filter or collapsed hose. Seized turbo check the rotor spins if fitted.

If there is very little smoke it's more likely fuel starved check the route from tank to injector. Diesel has a lot more solvent now and will kill cheap rubber fuel lines

I think there is a small gauze under a cover on the lift pump 10mm spanner. They block all the time if there is any muck in the tank. My old 1984 525 is terrible for getting pints of dirty water in the funl tank every few years. I think it must puddle on the top and leak in or gets in through the lock on the fuel cap must sort it one day. I would loosen the pipe on the fuel filter and pump the lift pump to make sure you have a good flow. If it has a turbo have a look there next.

Also check the Lift Pump Diaphragm for perforations while you're at it.:thumbup1:

clean the lift pump out and try it run it off a 5 gall drum and a couple of hoses and try that if it still does look at the fuel pump i am sure there is a gauze in the injector pump can't remember where take out the stop solenoid plunger and try that you should still be able to switch it off with the other lever next to the throttle