Oak Beam prices

Dean Lofthouse

cant get my head around this cubic feet stuff...

dealing with cubic metres so much I tend to think of everything in m3 these days...

Do you deal in cubic feet because with hardwoods there isnt the quantity or is there another reason??

Hoppus feet is from back before there were meters, I believe.

Adam, If you PM me some contact info next time I see my man I will see if he's interested in them, haulage would be an issue although he does have someone to do it, may effect the price a bit.

Dave

At £8 a cube I don't think haulage would be a problem!!:001_tt1:

I've got a fair bit of timber ready for sale but It's bloody hard finding the customers. People ring up looking for wood but they never make it round to actually buy it!!

Try local agricultural shows, or even better craft fairs, there's a company up here who I've sold timber to in the past, I saw their stall at the edinburgh wood fest , which is a sort of craft fair held once a year in town. All they were doing was selling boards, some wany edged some not to the general public, for seriously high prices. If you have nice, interesting timber all you need to do is show it to the right people and they will buy it for silly money.:001_smile:

The problem seems to be finding the right people.I have a small collection of stuff thats too good for firewood but to be honest some of the prices i've been offered uo here i'd be as well converting them into firewood to sell!:confused1: