phone line repair??

carlos

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I grwe up outside of Leominster in the sticks, then moved to Presteigne for 10 years, then London, Bath, Presteigne, France, Norwich, Hereford, Manchester, NYC. LOL

Been around abit then lol, will you stay in NYC now? Or move on in time?

got it fixed with connectors and elec tape, not pretty or discreet but should do the job.

might try and get some proper connectors, with a view to disconnecting at the house on certain jobs, bound to save time in certain situations.

thanks carl

we had a skip lorry pull the tellephone line out of an old dears house,wall the good old BT sent me a bill for £200 I tried to pass it onto the skip company but they werent intrested as it says road side delivery not down long drives on there tickets. if your in any dought 1: use your phone to take a picture of the tell line color code of the lines in a black box on the side of the house ...disconect take the line down and replace in the same order, they are normaly on scotch lock connectors so all you need is a set of pliers, NEVER admit liability!!!! they will rob you ! like the other post as above, its storm damage, broken falling limbs, good luck

What a dodgy lot we are. Condemning a house to a poor connection that will get damp, crackly and give terrible broadband just so we can hide our mistakes. Where's the honesty in our profession?

Maybe it is because bt are rip off merchants who will find the smallest reason to make you pay and then go so slow they will make you pay for a second or third hour that could have been done in 10 minutes. Maybe I should charge bt rent for the cable that tresspasses into my airspace whilst I'm at it.

What a dodgy lot we are. Condemning a house to a poor connection that will get damp, crackly and give terrible broadband just so we can hide our mistakes. Where's the honesty in our profession?

Being on the end of a poor line I sympathize with the house holder but I also agree with Mark B about BT. They have charged me for looking but not finding an intermittent fault. Engineers have heard it when they have phoned up to say nothing wrong but no refund or fix.

If water gets in then almost certainly the householder will have a poor line and probably have the same expenses and hassle with BT. If you are going to do a repair make a good one. No bodges, absolutely waterproof and ideally soldered joints.