Fridays!

Marc

Bad luck mate, sometimes all the s**t happens in one day. I remember once working in Edinburgh with a 12" bandit on a big mog, the chute had to be turned to the side to tip, on returning fron the dump I started her up and two of my colleagues fed a 10" x 8foot birch log into the beast, two seconds later there was a lot of chip over three seperate front gardens, none of which was the one we were working at, and worst of all one of them was landscaped in large pebbles, took about 2 hours to clean it up. I seem to remember that was a friday too. :sad:

Hope the finger heals quickly.

I just remembered a conversation I had with a client on the phone once, he sounded like he had a pair of socks in his mouth. It turned out he'd been hit by a car and hurt his back, the hospital had discharged him with some strong pain killers, unfortunately too strong, they made him so dizzy that he stacked it on the hospital steps on the way out and smashed his teeth in on a handrail:scared1: I know I shouldn't, but it still makes me smile thinking about it.:blushing:

I'm not to bothered about the busted finger, yes it hurts like hell, and i'm unable to hold a saw or climb till it heals enough. In the scheme of things a crushed digit ain't so bad, i've gone 3 years without injury not even a significant silky cut, so this i can accept although annoyed it happened in such a stupid way on a simple job.

Sending a piece of chip through someones window cause i hadn't noticed the spout moving is plain bad luck, my mistake and i made sure to put it right myself.

Its just the day as a whole, me trying to make a good impression to a new company and forgeting my ppe, bashing my finger then breaking a window! It was an omen, i should of gone home after anyone of those 3 things.

Instead my pride took a beating and so did my finger.

Thats treework for you.

Its just the day as a whole, me trying to make a good impression to a new company and forgeting my ppe, bashing my finger then breaking a window! It was an omen, i should of gone home after anyone of those 3 things.

Instead my pride took a beating and so did my finger.

Thats treework for you.

I remember trying to impress new boss when subbing years ago . I got the saw stuck loads of times , tripped over and all beacause I was trying to impress him . Good post hope fingers healed up soon .:001_smile:

Gees Marc ! Bad day !

My Friday went something like this...

Wake up in midge infested caravan at 03.00, toss and turn till 04:00 when the first lorry starts getting loaded with wood chip...

Walk up and down peat bog ALOT all day in searing heat solving a multitude of problems, final pack up 4 month long job by 21:00.

Drive back to N Wales with a break down on the way before getting home at 12:30am.

i went to a friends funeral on friday, the saddest event i have ever been to in my life, the church was packed out and every one in the church was in bits, the service was beautiful and how his 2 brothers carried off their speeches is a tribute to allan himself, the last song was 'we are sailing' by rod stewart. Allan was a sailing instructor and lost his life last friday in a freak kite surf accident aged 47 leaving 2 young kids and wife. fingers will heal, windows can be fixed and vehicles will always break down. Dont worry about little bumps in the road, enjoy life each day, even if it is plodding around in a marsh getting eaten by midges, do everything you have always wanted to do and dont put off for tomorrow what you want to do today.:001_smile:

In the scheme of things crushed digits and broken windows are nothing, my post was just about why Fridays seem to be the day if anything can go wrong it will?

My bad luck was nothing just a denting to my pride, I will recover. There are a lot worse things that can happen.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Allan Stevie.

i went to a friends funeral on friday, the saddest event i have ever been to in my life, the church was packed out and every one in the church was in bits, the service was beautiful and how his 2 brothers carried off their speeches is a tribute to allan himself, the last song was 'we are sailing' by rod stewart. Allan was a sailing instructor and lost his life last friday in a freak kite surf accident aged 47 leaving 2 young kids and wife. fingers will heal, windows can be fixed and vehicles will always break down. Dont worry about little bumps in the road, enjoy life each day, even if it is plodding around in a marsh getting eaten by midges, do everything you have always wanted to do and dont put off for tomorrow what you want to do today.:001_smile:

Nasty business matey, always bad when something like that happens :(

Lost a mate on the hills once who was in his late 40's he left 4 kids behind, the worst of it was his daughter was trying to phone him while his body was laying at my feet.

Nothing worse than saying goodbye to someone before their time..