LED Lights for chipper

bob

You need to know the CD value, if your paying that for them you want at least 200cd, most you buy are around 100cd, I'd email them and ask :001_smile:

Those on the link of mine are not much more and mega bright and normally retail at £90 each

I have been looking for a bright led 2ft mag mount low profile light bar for our discovery van. When it goes in multi stories I can put it on front part of roof. Any ideas Dean ?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have built in resistors or flash pattern I think Ed, I'll ask when I buy. The warning beacons will be built into the chipper electrics with an on/off switch so we can switch of when no on the highway

Dean, if there the same as there Vigi Leds theres 3 wire on each light. Red, Black & Yellow.

For synchronous operation wire the all the reds together to +12 volts, all of the blacks together to earth and all of the yellows together.

To get them to alternate. Connect the red of one lamp to the black of the next lamp to +12 volts, then the black of the first light to the red of the second light then connect these to earth. Connect all of the yellow wires together.

Hope that helps.

Martin

I have been looking for a bright led 2ft mag mount low profile light bar for our discovery van. When it goes in multi stories I can put it on front part of roof. Any ideas Dean ?

I've got one of the Able3 lightbars from EVS, but they dont sell them any more. Very good light & very bright, same as alot of the motorway maint guys use.

I keep mine locked in the defender till i need it as a mate had his nicked off the roof of his car one night.

They turn up on ebay from time to time.

Martin

I was looking at something similar to this, but they were low profile and more leds at about £180 but I cant find them now. I was going to use a lightbar instead of the ones I'm buying but like Martin says, you have to remove them when your not with the vehicle otherwise they go walkies

Martin, thanks for the info BTW

Dean,

I have 8 of thoose securi's on my 130 they are very good. no need for an extra flasher unit either, as said use the third wire for syncing or ket them do there own thing very effective!

Nice one Matt, I was hoping you would come along and give your opinion :thumbup1:

Eight though, you won the lottery :laugh1:

Where's that vid you had of yours??

I never had a video wouldn't know how too! There are swome pictures in the My 130 thread in the Large equipment forum,

My 130 has got 8 securileds, 4 vigileads, 3 whelen led units, 4 pole mount beacons and a blaze bar in total!

as regards winning the lottery I used to have friends in high places and was afirm beliver in a favour for a favour sadly thoose days came to an end last year when the reccession hit hard locally!

• 3 months later...
Nice Simon,, I've been meaning to stick some on mine for the last two years :001_rolleyes:

On a tangent I know but how did you get on with the landy head

I was sick of everytime I looked at or followed a machine one bulb was out - guaranteed!!

The landy is now sound got it back on Tuesday, got the guy to service it while it was in new brakes etc, havent had the bill yet though :001_unsure: