LED Lights for chipper

bob

cts we tried the led & ended up removing them for the traditional beacon, the leds just wernt bright enough , maybe it was a poor selection on our part ..

Bumping an old thread here, but the leds you had were probably dull compared to the new generation leds. The old ones which I have on my landrover are around 60cd, I'm changing them this week for these 200cd ones

Beaconline - SecuriLED

I'm having 4 on the front of the landrover and one or two on the back of the chipper, I want to melt the paintwork of any approaching cars

They are expensive, but you get what you pay for, I've had so called waterproof cheap ones which dont last two minutes

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like a wiring fault. We have a 16ft ifor trailer no probs on that. As some one said bulbs are cheap we buy 10 for a pound. A new light cluster £3 as opposed to £28. Less of a punch in the stomach when you reverse in to a kirb.

Where from mate?:001_smile:

Thanks for that Ed, been looking for a supplier locally

The ones I'm fitting are warning beacons but I am fitting led light clusters next to the back of the chipper so I can get rid of a metal girder the standard ones are fitted to and save a bit of weight

Difference with led beacons Steve or Lights for that matter is you can leave them on all day without flattening the battery

are you going to fit a flasher unit on it? it shouldn't draw much so should flash fast, will you wire a plug up to run electrics from the landrover? or from chipper electrics? lots more questions yet Dean but typing is very tiring..Ed

They have built in resistors or flash pattern I think Ed, I'll ask when I buy. The warning beacons will be built into the chipper electrics with an on/off switch so we can switch of when no on the highway

You need to know the CD value, if your paying that for them you want at least 200cd, most you buy are around 100cd, I'd email them and ask :001_smile:

Those on the link of mine are not much more and mega bright and normally retail at £90 each